Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Items locked in GDS Console

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Anybody please help me on GDS issue.

We are facing item locking problem in our GDS Console. We are unable to update our GDS Console with information coming from R/3 and from 1Sync , we are unable to publish because in both case the item remains locked in GDS Console, with status u201CLocked by Data Pool messageu201D.

Some cases we observed that ,

Models are not releasing from lock status (Locked by u201CData Pool messageu201D ) even after response is received from the data pool, and the relevant statuses are updated in the system.

Thanks,

Vamsi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I understand you correctly, Messages are locked although status has updated from data pool and record been inserted into GDS from R/3.

It looks to me that Workflows are being triggered for by inbound data to GDS. Try to look at pending workflows that are waiting for response using GDSAdmin user.

Thanks

Reddi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddi ,

Thanks for your replay .

We are using SAP GDS Version 1.0.6.3 Build 1 and no workflow setup .

Thanks,

Vamsi.

felix_loecher
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Kittu,

this sounds not like a familiar problem to me, my advice is to open up an OSS message, if you have an extended maintenance contract for GDS 1.0, and we will then have a look at the problem.

What you can try in the meantime is to take a look at SAP Note 1346145 - GDS Console 1.0 SP06 Patch 03 Release Notes as this will enable you to ....Lock Manager Monitor screen has been enhanced so that it is possible now to unlock items through it. This screen can not be accessed from the menu, only with the following link: http://<host>:<port>/GDS/lockManagerMonitor.do.

Further advice is to immediately upgrade to a newer version of GDS i.e 2.0 or 2.1

Kind regards

Felix