Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change log in SU01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Im trying to trace the First name and Last name change in SU01. Hence in SU01, i goto file menu -> Information -> Change documents for users.

But the change log didn't record the First/Last name changes on SU01. This proven by my testing where i change First/Last name for my own ID via SU01. From the change log. the changes are not recroded.

Could you please advice how can i get the change log for First/Last name?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP provides change logs for certain fields only and unforutnately First/Last names don't fall in that category. You can check USH* tables for change documents (which are being used by RSUSR10* reports).

Best Regards,

Prasad

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP provides change logs for certain fields only and unforutnately First/Last names don't fall in that category. You can check USH* tables for change documents (which are being used by RSUSR10* reports).

Best Regards,

Prasad

0 Kudos

Dear Prasad,

Thanks for your reply. By looking at the table and program that you posted, under First/Last name wasn't included in the change log. Alternatively, do you where else that i can retrieve this info?

Thanks again.

0 Kudos

Hi,

As I said, SAP doesn't maintain change log for First/Last name for a UMR. You can get change document for other fields (which are logged by SAP) through USH* tables or RSUSR10* programs.

Best Regards,

Prasad

0 Kudos

As what Prasad mentioned is correct, First/Last name were not included in Change log.

0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP provides a special log for changes in user master. As it was mentioned you can get these changes from report RSUSR100. This log does not cover first and last name.

But as it was mentioned by Bernhard SAP has this concept of change documents which are used in various use cases. You can see all change document definitions in transaction SCDO. Here you have object ADRESSE3 which is used for user address. Hence any change in user address generates a record for this object. Both first and last names are covered here. So you can display all changes using report RSSCD100. Just set object class to ADRESSE3.

Cheers

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

...maybe table logging for table ADRP ????

b.rgs, Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

retreive user history from tables USH02,USH04,USH10 and USH12.

Thanks,

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First Check out in Table CDHDR by providing Tcode(Ex:SU01) and get values for Object Value , Object , Document Number.

Then in table CDPOS provide those above values(Ex:Object Value:101 , Object : 100 , Document Number : 450),then get the fields and values changed in those field by user.

Regards,

Karthik