cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comman settlement rule to all WBS in Project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

My client needs to apply a common settlement rule to all the WBS's in a project. We have already created a projects and during settlement(CJ88) we got some 120 errors(total), one for each WBS. Is there any shortcut by which I can do that?

P.S. When I apply settlement rule at Project definition level, it is not getting carried to WBS's.

Please advice.

Thanks and Regards,

Manish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you want settlement rule to be copied from superior WBSE,

then you have to check the change the customizing.

CostAutomatic&periodicsettlementsettlement rule for wbseDetermine the strategy for settlement rule

Maintain the strategy setting acctasscat as 4.

next assign the strategy to project profile.

you have to maintain the settlement rule at first level WBSE the same will be copied to the lower level wbse's.

Regards,

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing the issue

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in addition to other posts

When you enter a settlement rule in the project defintion it does not automatically apply to the WBS elements

You will need to go into the settlement rule for the WBS element and the rule in the project definition is defaulted as a proposal which you have to accept and save.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Virendra,

As I mentioned in my case rule does get copied from Project Def to WBS's, It is working well in Quality. Probably the setting are already in place. I am trying to understand what is going wrong that rule is not working well for other projects.

Thanks and Regards,

Manish

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you create a project definition and maintain the settlement rule before creating any WBS Element, then the settlement rule, which you maintain at project defintion, will be copied to the WBS elements automatically when you create it.

Probably you might have created project defintion and WBS elements and after that you might have maintained the settlement rule for project definition, that is why it has not copied to the WBSE .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest you to go through SAP HELP on settlement & generation of Settlement Rules. Also, get the help of a CO consultant.

Regards,

Kabir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Double click on that error message and see what is error detail first.

shashank