cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling SOAP sender adapter authentication

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can I disable user/password authentication in a SOAP sender adapter?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

But this user id authentication is SOAP Adapter COmponent level right? ie. Service User level right ? If so I don't think it is possible to disable.

Refer SAP Note- 856597

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/fc/5ad93f130f9215e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

This is my view

Regards,

Moorthy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The question was answered by Sam Raju / Hans Dumbrajs in thread .

Hereafter is an even more radical method that I used with a Netweaver 2004 SP12.

But BEWARE! this is VERY bad practice, because authentication becomes disabled for ALL web services. It must only be used on a development system. Moreover, from SP14, there are many more options that would allow to turn this on/off per web service. I used it once, just to sort out service design issues from authentication burdens and then I quickly restored a proper config as we fought with WS-security settings in a remote system that had to call a service hosted on XI.

Here is: locate the web.xml deployment descriptor for the server at stake. You should find it on a path like:

/usr/sap/<systemID>/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster\server0/apps/sap.com

/com.sap.aii.af.soapadapter/servlet_jsp/XISOAPAdapter/root/WEB-INF

Then SAVE A COPY of the web.xml file.

Edit the web.xml and remove the three sections:

<security-constraint>, <login-config>, and <security-role>

Login to the J2EE visual Admin console go to cluster tab, Server 0... and right-click REBOOT.

There you are.

Strongly recommended: learn about WS-security and upgrade to SP14 or above to get back in control of security issues.

(the truth is that integration systems are ever-ever-ever more complex year after year...)