Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Empty Folders in File System after Saving Universes

former_member208935
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have noticed that in BO XI-R2, when you attempt to open an existing universe and save it under a different name (Save as), it creates empty folder with the same name as the universe itself at ..\Universes\ServerName\ folder on file system. I would like to know if there is a reason for those empty folders to be created and whether there is a setting in Universe Designer to disable creating these folders if they are not necessary.

thanks,

- Rizwan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

I believe that these folders are used to store universe related objects (eg. LOVs).

Regards,

Stratos

former_member208935
Participant
0 Kudos

Good point. That certainly could be one reason. Any other idea what else could be stored in those folders besides .lov files?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Those folders are for .lov files only. They follow along with the universe, meaning if you save a universe on your desktop you will also see a folder with the same name in the same location. If you invoke the LOV query (click the "Display" button on the properties tab) it will create the file. If you customize the LOV (by adding extra objects, sorts, and so on) then you will also see files appear in this folder.

Answers (0)