cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC to be triggered based on Lookup value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

There is a requirement where in we wil have to trigger IDOCon the receiver based on certain value which will be coming from RFC lookup during mapping runtime.

So the entire scenario goes like this

If look up result is 1 trigger IDOCX to receiverA,

if look up result is 2 trigger IDOCY to receiverA.(receiver is same for both the cases).

1. I think its not possible by using the combination of multimapping and enhanced interfacedetermiation,because multimapping doesnot support IDOC choosing , as it creates the second IDOC with error .even tough occurances have been changed.

2. To apply condition in the interface determination to select required IDOC receiverinterface. The valueis not coming from source structure but coming from look up.

Please suggest the better solution to acheive it.

Thanks,

Amar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Amar,

Yes It is Possible.

1.Export the both IDOcs in XSD format and Change the Occurance of like (<xsd:element name="IDOC" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded" type="MessageType.BasicType"/>)

2.Create Two External Definitions(ED_IdocOne & ED_IdocTwo) and Import (Modified) XSD format (No need to Create any Message Type & Service Interface)

3.Message Mapping(MM_MultiMapp), Import the Both External Definitions(ED_IdocOne & ED_IdocTwo), using CREATEIF Node function Complete your Mapping, and under Signature Tab Change the both of External Definitions Occurence like 0......unbound

4. Operational Mapping(OM_MultiMapp),Import the Both Idocs(which is importhe from ECC) and Change the Signatures like 0.......unbound and Import the MultiMapping(MM_MultiMapp).

5. Then Complete Your RFC LookUps.

Configurations

1.Create Business Systems and Communication Channel

2.Create one Sender Agreement

3. Create Two Receiver Agreements

4. Create Interface Determination

5. Create Receiver Determination

but, whether u execute the both IDOcs same time the Monitoring Time(SXMB_MONI) it displays Black Flag but doesn't display the PAYLOAD, then Go ECC and check (TCode we02)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

madhusudana_reddy2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amar,

you use 2 receiver determinations,

2 interface determinations

note: in this 2 interface determination use 2 multimapping by importing idoc xsd to create external definition. you will have 2 mappings, do a RFC lookup based on return value, create target structure by using node function CREATEIF.

2 receiver agreements.

thanks,

madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu & Naga,

Your inputs are very helpful..i could acheive my requirement using your procedure.Feeling great to do this tricky scenario

Thanks a lot alot....

Regards,

Amar.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you clinet not accpetiong to implement using BPM,

i think we can do it 2 ways

Option 1)Develop ABAP Server Proxy to insert data in SAP ECC,the logic should be based on RFC lookup value.

first develop one to one mapping,in this mapping take rfc look value from and map it , then rfc lookup value output data will be the input to the Proxy,based on this you have to write proxy logic.

even if you use IDoc,the data will be inserted in to tables,so instead of using IDocs use Proxy.

Option 2)Divide your interface in to two interfaces

1)first interface will take the data from source and perfrom RFC look up in mapping and place the data in to same source location with different name, then develop other interface and pick the newly placed filed from source,this data has RFC llom value,so in interface determination you can check the condition based on that you can trigger IDoc.

Regards,

Raj

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may use multimapping with BPM.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek ,

Thanks for your early reponse ...In our case BPM is also not recommended

.Iam trying to find out the ways to do it wih out BPM.

Thanks,

Amar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Above reply got posted muliple times .....

Edited by: Amar on Jun 10, 2010 8:06 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts ,,

Any more inputs pleaseee......

Regards,

Amar.

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amar,

--> I think it will not possible as per my knowledge.(Might be we can achive this using BPM).

--> I tried form the day one when you opened the thread.I did not have the luck to achive this.

-->Lets see any experts may answer

Thanks