cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File FTP Communication Channel error after changing ip in aix host file ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I not sure what is the problem.

I have File Communication Channel monitoring FTP server. in the communication channel i am using servername and maintain in the ./etc/host file (AIX). Because some reason the fTP server need to change the ip, so i just change the ip in the ./etc/host file in the os level.

and i manage to ping the correct server from command. but then why PI communication channel still not able to reach the server it seems like still looking for the old ip ?

i have restart the whole PI server still doesn't work ? do i need to restart the server ? is that any command to referesh dns cache in AIX ?

Please advise ?

Best Regards

Fernand

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fernand,

I don't think it is required when we change the FTP server IP then change the data in "./etc/host" file.

Do the full cache refresh "http://<host>:<port>/CPACache/refresh?mode=full"

Still not working then instead of the FTP server IP use the host name of the FTP server, some times host names working fine instead of IP address, i faced the same problem. Still the problem exists then re-create the communication channel.

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually, i didn't change anything in communication channel. Communication channel still using same hostname for instance ABC. But then i need to change ip for ABC in the os level (hosts) file under ./etc directory.

i have telnet to server, trying to ping ABC and showing me the correct ip, but then PI communication channel still pointing to old IP that already no longer exists.

do i need to restart the server ?

Regards

Fernand

madhusudana_reddy2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fernand,

If your communication channel still looking for old IP address, thenthere should be cache issues. In ID goto Environment--> cache status overview. check whether all entries are green or not.

Make small change in channel and activate again.

try to login mannually by using FTP tool like FileZilla etc. to make sure your FTP server is running fine.

thanks,

madhu

former_member10771
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just check for the cache overview and also do some change and save and activate your communication channel once again .