cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Segment Creation in Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have used a few conditions to create the node in the mapping.

But I dont know how do we come to whether the node is created or not after executing the mapping.

I wnat to know how do we come to know whether a segment or node is created or not after mapping?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered

former_member10771
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not very sure about the requirement. But I think you can go to the test tab and test the mapping and check if the desired output gets generated with that node. If you are looking for creation of node you need to go in for create if function based on the condition the node gets generated at the output.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreeramoju and Amit,

My question is that when I right click on the node and click Display Queue, it shows smoe brackets or SUPPRESS .

What does suppress mean?

As both source as well as target structures are same how will I come to know whether the node is created or not?

I used the test XML to execute the mapping and after executing the mapping it shows the same vales in source as well as in target?

Also please tell me what is the meaning of SUPPRESS when we click on OR,CREATEIF,any element and click on Display queue?

Thanks in advance.

former_member10771
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go thru this blog and also Part 1 of this blog..to know more about the mapping and its related node functions.

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/12/08/message-mapping-simplified-150-part-ii

former_member556603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Swetha,

Please go through the below link:

suppress replaced the empty strings.

Standard Functions :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_tm60/helpdata/en/43/c4cdfc334824478090739c04c4a249/content.htm

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/01/09/the-use-of-suppress-in-the-xi-30-graphical-mapping-tool

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/08/16/message-mapping-simplified--part-i

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/12/08/message-mapping-simplified-150-part-ii

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2005/12/29/new-functions-in-the-graphical-mapping-tool-xi-30-sp13

/people/claus.wallacher/blog/2006/06/29/message-splitting-using-the-graphical-mapping-tool

Thanks,

Satya Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can test it with TEST tag fill some test data and execute ,

if values are passed properly it creates node.

Regards,

Ramesh.