cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete/cancel files stuck in To Be Delivered (TBDL) status

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

i just want to ask how to delete or cancel files that are stucked in To Be Delivered (TBDL) status in RWB? i have cleared both SMQ1 and SMQ2 and even performed a full system restart, but the files are still there. can anyone please shed some light with this issue? it will be deeply appreciated. thanks!

Edited by: dwinXG on Jun 9, 2010 5:36 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normnally Message status goes to ToBeDelivered if there are no more queues available for that particular adapter queue..

so here first you need to check the messages which are in DLNG status and the logs/reasons behind them...

Normally you cannot delete the messages in ToBeDelivered...but give a try going to RWB and filter the messages with TBD..

and try ot delete there...

But I prefer for the rootcause causing the messages to be delivered as the reasons can be target system might be down..or restarted which made the particular adapter queue hung..so chk it out..

HTH

Rajesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

thanks for all the input. it has been very helpful.

@madhu:

i've tried doing what you have suggested and it we were able to significantly reduce the number of TBDL messages (from around 11000 now down to around 500). after the message system restart, there were cancelable TBDL messages and they were successfully cancelled.

however, some TBDL still remained and are not cancelable. any insights on this? also, out of curiosity, is it necessary to have no system error messages when performing the message system restart?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think you can go toRWB message monitoring. Find mas with To Be Delivered and select all the message and there is a cancel button to cancel the messages.

Thanks and Regards

Hemant

madhusudana_reddy2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dwin,

You can not delete or cancel messages with status delivering or tobedelivered. So you need to restart the messaging system in J2EE engine. Open the VisualAdmin, you can find the messaging system node in the list of nodes in Visual Admin. so that you right lick on that, just click on stop, after stopping that again you start. then the messages will deliver to receiver or the message status will change automatically from Tobe Delivered to waiting or host etc. then you can cancel these messages.

Please ask to your BASIS person to restart the messaging sytem

thanks,

madhu