cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile for Client Copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have to do a local client copy but i am confused as to what profile to be used. we have two clients 200 & 210 with master data in both. now we want to overwrite 200 client with the config, user-profiles and all but no master data of 210 so that 200 will be cleaned as far as Master data is concerned and we can upload new Master data. but it shouldn't be overwritten by 20 Master data. Can you please help me with what profile to use? Is SAP_UCUS ok? or do i need to choose some other profile?

Thanks & Regards,

Priya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Can you please help me with what profile to use? Is SAP_UCUS ok? or do i need to choose some other profile?

Check

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/99/0a2a887e2511d2a6250000e82deaaa/frameset.htm

So your profile would be ok.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

will this clear my current data which is there in client 200??

Regards,

Priya

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes.

Before you start the copy job there's an overview what will be done, there you'll see that the client is first deleted and then copied.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

I used copy profile SAP_UCUS. almost all the data is deleted but still Merchandixing Hierarchy data is not deleted. And this was our first and main reason to do Client refresh was to delete this Merchandising Hierarchy data which is not server. Any suggestion.

Thanks & Regards,

Priya

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In which tables is this information stored?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi aal,

We have deleted those enteries manually...

Now Client is completely refreshed. Thanks to all of you for all your amswers..

Regards,

Priya

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no possibility of copying a client preserving 'master data'. For this purpose you need another software, like TDMS. The standard client copy tools don't offer that option.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

our requirement is: all configurations,Users,ABAP objects,customisations need to be copied from 210 to 200. what is not required is the data which is there in 200.

Regards,

Priya

fjhernanz
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

Taking into account that:

Application Data = Master Data + Transaction Data

And that you can not copy Application data without transaction data using client copy, maybe you can to either create a production client (SCCL) or take a export of client (SCC8) before creating transaction data .You can

either use SAP_ALL or SAP_APPL profile for this. See the notes 24853 and 19574 about it..

Nevertheless, It seems to me you want to copy customizing but not application data so best option is probably SAP_CUST.

SAP_CUST

Client-dependent Customizing, including authorization profiles, are

copied. The application data is deleted and the user data is retained.

User Data -> NO

Customizing -> YES

Application Data -> No (deleted)

SAP_UCUS

Corresponds to SAP_CUST with user master data.

User Data -> YES

Customizing -> YES

Application Data -> No (deleted)\

Br,

Javier