cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM 7.0 Process Controlled Workflow Deadline Notification Configuration

0 Kudos

Hi,

We are upgrading from SRM 4.0 to 7.0. In 4.0 Deadline Notifications configuration was straight forward edit in the workflow task itself. I was able to assign recipient of deadline and deadline latest start and end texts directly in the workflow task.

In 7.0 process controlled workflow looks like workflow tasks are generic for all object types and canu2019t be edited for deadline texts or recipients. After research I have found alert management using events. Here is my understandng based on what i saw. SAP process controlled workflow raises events and deadline event schema picks up the event . BADI BBP_ALERTING can be used to assign the recipient of deadline events. Event configuration can be used to assign a event category to pick up text using either alert or message using smartform or workflow task . In IMG Supplier Relationship Management ® SRM Server ® Cross-Application Basic Settings ® Event and Event Schema for Alert Management ® Define Event Schema  Define Event Control

I am able to add a deadline event and pick event category as workflow task but canu2019t provide a task ID to enter text?

Does anyone know where the deadline notification would pick up the text from if a workflow task event category is chosen?

If not what is the best way to configure deadline texts in Process controlled workflow?

IS BBP_ALERTING the right way to assign deadline recipients in process controlled workflow?

Thank You,

Vineela

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ricardo_cavedini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

With BBP_ALERTING badi you can define recipients dinamically.

Check documentation below:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm70/helpdata/EN/a7/d39b7b75754e6f80feed4adb423029/frameset.htm

Here are concrete standard events you can use for BUS2121 (Shopping Carts):

WF_APPR_LATEST_END

WF_APPR_LATEST_START

WF_APPR_REQUESTED_END

WF_COMPL_LATEST_START

WF_COMPL_REQUESTED_END

WF_COMPL_REQUESTED_END

WF_LATEST_END

WF_LATEST_START

WF_REQUESTED_END

WF_REQUESTED_END

They should work also for other Business Objects as related workflows are generic.

Kind regards,

Ricardo

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vineela,

Please see OSS 1483663.SAP created this note for us 2 weeks bak for same issue

Thanks Arjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I tried to configure Deadline Notifications for a shopping cart in SRM 7.0 Process Controlled Workflow.

In the event schema customizing: SRM Server-> Cross-Application Basic Settings-> Event and Event Schema for Alert Management-> Define Event Schema:

For the events u201CWF_APPR_REQUESTED_ENDu201D and u201CWF_COMPL_REQUESTED_ENDu201D I put 1hours in the field u201Cevent deadline in hoursu201D.

But when I create a shopping cart the approver doesnu2019t receive any alert after one hour or more.

Could anybody give me more information about this customizing or if something is missing in it.

Thank you for your help.

Djawed

0 Kudos

Thank you .

SE12
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vineela,

Please have a look at SAP note 1265414 for details on how to change the text of the alerts.

Kind regards,

Siobhan

0 Kudos

Hi,

I looked at SAP note 1265414 and it is very helpful. In IMG we have configured deadline event control field event category as NOTIFC(Message). Our assumption is this event category field drives the use of smartform to compose email message. We are also using the proposed BADI to overwrite the smartform. Unfortunately deadline event process is not picking up the smartform. Is there any special setting in IMG other than assigning the event schema to PO transaction type and assigning the even category under event control as NOTIFC(Message).

Thank You,

Vineela

SE12
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you done the customising for 'Define recipient of notification'?

Is the problem that the notification is not sent?

or

that it is sent but does not contain your required text?

Kind regards,

Siobhan

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for responding. We are not using Define Recipient of Notification currently. Since these are deadline notifications we are using Alert Events and Smartform. Also using BBP_ALERTING to determine the recipients.

Thank You,

Vineela

0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry missed typing below in earlier response.

Issue is alert event is raised but process is not calling smartform. So email is sent but does not contain the required text?

Thank You,

Vineela

SE12
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vineela,

Can you please upload the following information to https://sapmats-de.sap-ag.de/upload/index.cgi?id=906UCXB0I1UDG3IBT6WVBEZUPIJF65O5PD27QXZUXHDD6L2J9K :

1. The text of the email that is being sent.

2. The text that you would like to see.

3. Screenshots of any changes you have made to the smartform.

Kind regards,

Siobhan

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have uploaded requested information. We are also working with SAP using oss for same issue.

Vineela

SE12
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vineela,

Thanks for letting me know. I will correspond with Ricardo on this issue.

Kind regards,

Siobhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any idea for this issue?

I don't know wich event to choose in IMG "Define Event Schema" and how to check what is missing in the customizing.

Thank you for your help.

Djawed