cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advantages of Project Systems over cProjects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Could you guys please let me know what are all the advantages of Project Systems over cProjects? I searched the forum and the internet, but there is no clear statement about the advantages.

Regards,

Aman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aman,

Upto my knowledge, cProjects is a webdynpro application which can be installed without ERP as a stand alone. You can use cProject where you need only PS without any other ERP modules. Hence, says that cPojects is adequate for small services project which has simple planning and budjecting like for service industries. cProjects is easy to use compared with SAP PS.

When we come to PS, it is tightly integrated with all other components like SD, MM, FIN, PM, PP etc. Where there exists lot of coustomizing supporting various Industries. Hence says that PS is helps for large projects where document flows across various modules.

Hope it helps you to understand.

Best Regards,

Punith.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Project definition, phase, task, and sub-task in cProjects corresponds to project definition, WBS, Activity, and Activity Element respectively. Similarly, do you know the network header, and milestone correspond to what is cProjects?

Aman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aman,

As per my knowledge, we dont have networks in the Cprojects. Here checklist replaces the milestone but not completely.

Best Regards,

Punith.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Punith,

Thanks for your reply. But I think checklist is entirely different from milestone as checklist are just control list with items that much be processed in a phase.

Let's wait for others who might have input.

Regards,

Aman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can only define phases , tasks , check list in C-projects. mile stones in PS can not be co related here,

Regards.

Varaprasad.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

After doing some research, checklist items can be related to milstones in PS, as it has finish date only, which can be related to fixed date in milestone.

Closing the thread.

Aman

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.