cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to File with RFC Lookup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on a File to File Scenario with RFC lookup (PI 7.1). I will get Legacy ID Number and I need to get the corresponding Person Name from SAP ECC ZTable. If the Legacy ID doesn't have corresponding Employee Name details in Table then the Interface had to fail and a Notification needs to be sent to administrator.

Do I need to use BPM for this Scenario?

Thank You.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member204873
Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to send notification to anyone you can send alert for same:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/00e97ba2-85ce-2b10-20bc-bc05cd172154

If you are configuring an alert you can select 'use exception' checkbox in the RFC lookup, so whenever exception is raised it will throw alert.

If you want to sent some custom message through alert you may use BPM. Raise an alert using control & exception branch in BPM.

/people/gautam.purohit2/blog/2010/04/04/creating-alert-categories-in-esr-and-using-them-in-integration-processes--pi-71-feature

madhusudana_reddy2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can develop this scenario without BPM,

Use multimapping 1..N, in which sender side outbound interface and receiver side 2 inbound interfaces(one for receiver file and other for mail notification). Both inbound interface occurance in mapping should be 0..1. Then make RFCLookUp with Legacy ID Number, If Legacy ID have corresponding Employee name, then by use CREATEIF node function to create the Inbound message for File. Else use CREATEIF to create Mail message in Mapping.

thanks,

madhu

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No need for BPM.

Conditionally you can throw a custom alert from message mapping .

You can define alert category and alert rule and subscribe for alerts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In your scenario is the condition. So have a linear work conveyer does not work.

BPM is just and will deal with RFC Lookup and parsing the content.

RFC Lookup must be definitely a response, if not found anything.