Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to logon to NWDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I'm having a strange issue with my recently installed xMII system. I am using an existing ABAP system as my UME. With my UID and the NWDI_CMSADM ID, I can connect from the xMII workbench -> Service Control successfullly, but with any user that I have created after myself, it does not work.

I have used my UID on the ABAP side as a copy to create the new UIDs. I then went onto NWA -> UserAdmin to assign the remaining NWDI and MII authorization objects. When these newly created users try to connect to the "Serive Control" (MII workbench integration with NWDI), they get the following error message:

com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.logging.LHException: User <USER_ID> could not be logged in to NWDI...

Has anyone run across this issue?

Jose

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MichaelShea
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

1. Log on as administrator and start SAP NetWeaver Administrator.

2. Go to Problem Management > Logs and Traces > Security Troubleshooting Wizard.

3. Choose Authentication and Start Diagnostics.

4. Start another browser and reproduce the problem.

5. Go back to the troubleshooting Wizard and choose Stop Diagnostics.

6. Take a look at the trace and see if you can identify the root cause why authentication fails.

-Michael

5 REPLIES 5

MichaelShea
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

1. Log on as administrator and start SAP NetWeaver Administrator.

2. Go to Problem Management > Logs and Traces > Security Troubleshooting Wizard.

3. Choose Authentication and Start Diagnostics.

4. Start another browser and reproduce the problem.

5. Go back to the troubleshooting Wizard and choose Stop Diagnostics.

6. Take a look at the trace and see if you can identify the root cause why authentication fails.

-Michael

0 Kudos

Michael,

Thanks for the troubleshooting steps. When I logon to NWA and proceed to Problem Management --> Logs and Traces, I only have these options:

1. Core Security Services

2. Log Viewer

3. Log Configurator

This is a Netweaver CE 7.11 SP 3 sysem. Thanks in advance.

Jose

0 Kudos

Sorry Jose,

Looks like I was using CE 7.2. You can apply SAP Note 1045019 - Web diagtool for collecting traces, to use the troubleshooting wizard.

-Michael

0 Kudos

Thanks Michael!

Once I implemented Note 1045019, and was able to use the Diagtool I was able to pinpoint the problem quickly. My issue is now resolved. It turns out that we are using a Remote SLD, therefore the user trying to access NWDI (localhost) also needs an account with SLD authorizations on that system too.

Just for completeness, in case someone else has this issue, on Netweaver CE 7.11 SP 3 no SDM is available (unlike mentioned in the Note); instead use JSPM -> Hot Fix to deploy the attached SDA.

Thanks again!

Jose

0 Kudos

I'm happy I could help.

-Michael