cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find source import file name after imports

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi! We usually import data via Import Manager rather than using MDIS. Now, if I want to verify the file that I have used for the import, where can I find the information? I couldn't see any of these in the Report and Logs in the MDM Console.

Appreciate any help on this.

Cheers!

SF

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi.

Will keep in mind the option of using manual port.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SF

For MDIS

All imported files saved by next path:

root/DBMSinstance_DBMStype/RepositoryName/Inbound/

RemoteSystem/PortName/Archive

All come in files plased by next path:

root/DBMSinstance_DBMStype/RepositoryName/Inbound/

RemoteSystem/PortName/Ready

"where:

u2022 root is the distribution root directory (set in mds.ini).

u2022 DBMSinstance is the network identifier used to specify the DBMS

instance name and DBMStype is the four-character identifier for the

DBMS type (i.e. MSQL, ORCL, IDB2).

u2022 RepositoryName, RemoteSystem, and PortName are the values

entered in the Code property for each item in the MDM Console." ("Import manager reference guide")

Regards

Kanstantsin Chernichenka

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kanstantsin,

Thanks for the information. Unfortunately, I am talking about doing the import online without the use of MDIS. How can I track what files have been used?

Regards

SF

former_member208981
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SF,

If you are importing it via Import Manager, you can do the below:

Declare a Update Date field of type Time Stamp and in the Selected Fields = All i.e include all the fields.

You can search on this field to know if on the particular date , which records were updated.

For creation you can declare a field of type Create Stamp : This will save the date you created the record.

Also, you can use User Stamp, to search based on a User in Data Manager.

Search on Create Date + User Stamp -> Will give you the records which you created on a particular date.

Thanks,

Priti

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priti,

Thanks for the suggestion. My issue is I want to see the filename of the file that was involved in the import. Any idea where I can get it?

Regards

SF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SF

this is not possible with MDM import Manager alone.

You can still define a mnaul inbound port of type Excel for moniitoring the files imported.

hope this helps-

Ravi

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry Ravi, can you please elaborate on what you mean by defining manual inbound port of type Excel for moniitoring the files imported?

Regards

SF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SF

In the console you can define a new Port for the inbound scenario with format as Excel and processing Type as Manual.

You can also attach import map to this port.

Going forward any source file can be imported by logging in Import manager and selecting type as Port/excel as defined above.

Trick would be to place the source files in the Port created using PI/Script.

This way all the files imported succesfully will be also moved to archive folder for the port/remote system created and can be monitored.

best regards-

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

i understand what u mentioned in last reply but i have a question.

In any case the imported file will place into archieve folder.So we can track the files wither port is manual or automatic.

Please clarify my doubts.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

This is also an alternative way of doing this if your MDIS services are not running. But Port Concept ideally should be used with MDIS, when you have created and saved Map in Port of MDM console. Is any other Privileges do we get if we do this import using MDM Import manager manually when it can be done automatically using (MDIS) as soon as there is file in MDM Inbound Ready folder. Rightly said by you , yes you can place file in Ready folder through Scripting or PI etc.

@ SF, As per my understanding i agree you can monitor the files using Type =Port during Import Manager but i don't see any benefit of using Processing Type= Manual, if it can be automated using MDIS(if Import Server is running).

@ Sudhanshu, So we can track the files wither port is manual or automatic I don't think we can track whether the file reaches to Archive folder from Ready folder using MDIS or through Import Manager selecting type = Port.

But there is one thing, whenever file disappears from Ready folder and goes to archive folder using MDIS, a log file gets generated in MDIS logs folder so this is one way using which we can come to know when was last file imported through Import server but i think we can not track from Archive folder.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep,

Thanks for the reply. I too agree that using the port solution does not benefit us as we do not use PI and are merely importing directly via Import Manager. I do not see how the administrator will like to spend spend putting the file on the port related Ready folder just for the sake of capture the file in the log.

Regards

SF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SF

I mentioned his option as a workaround to meet the requirement. Ofcourse this is not preferred way and user friendly.

Please close the thread, if answered.

thanks-Ravi

Edited by: Ravi Kumar on Jun 16, 2010 6:47 AM