cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage of webservice in offline adobe scenarios

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

I have created a RFC and exposed it as a webservice. I have created the form and as well as the data connection. And when I try to open the form and perform a click on the button, it gives a error message 'Error to attempt reading file '.

I have already referred the threads,blogs in sdn, but didnt find a exact answer w.r.t this.

Can anyone please tell me the exact configuration/steps in SOA manager for the webservice , any help in this regard would be really useful.

Thanks,

Saujanya

Edited by: Saujanya on Jun 8, 2010 6:40 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Or one of these:

/people/rudy.clement2/blog/2010/03/10/how-to-use-the-postexecute-event-in-sap-interactive-forms-to-retrieve-a-table-from-a-webservice

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/148ec26e-0c01-0010-e488-decaafae3...

regards Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

Thanks for your reply. but actually i am still getting the error. Does Adobe reader needs some license to use this, as i found in couple of threads.

Please let me know if you got any clues on this.

Thanks,

Saujanya

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My knowledge does not cover all the aspects of your questions.

But I have an example to ilustrate: some time ago I programmed a full featured form server based on Adobe forms, where the core was working with Java webservices and Adobe forms saved in LCD (when you save the form, it does not have any usage rights, reader extensions or anything like it). And I was able to communicate with the webservices. But... that could be a catch in your case... my solution was working with the webservices using only manual JS coding and no standard Data connection mechanism.

If you would like to test your form with the rights/ extensions, install and configure the free credentials in your development system (that is free and should be easy to find the credentials on SAP pages) or download and install acrobat trial and publish the form that way. You will then understand if the right/ extensions are needed or not.

Regards Otto

p.s.: Hopefully anybody can provide the answer without all the trial and error procedure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

It works now . I have added the following roles and authorizations and the webservice can be called now.

S_USER_PRO, S_SERVICE and S_ICF_ADMIN, S_SRT_ADM

SAP Roles: SAP_BC_WEBSERVICE_ADMIN

I think this was mentioned in another thread, but finally found the solution.

Thanks alot for your reply. Hence i close this thread.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos