cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving data on Nav Attributes ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This question is related to Navigation attributes, I did go over the note: 413526 and do understand the performance issues and other pros and cons of using a Nav attribute related to Realignment, Aggregates and so on.

But few things are still not clear. I am trying to understand if we can make adjustments to a KF and save data on Nav Attributes in the Planning book/Planning area.

For example: Lets say Location type is an Attribute to Location characteristic, can we pull up the Nav attribute in the Planning book and make adjustments to the Nav attribute 'Location type'value 'Retail Store' and save it and later access the same values.

If there other limitations related to data saving,disaggregation, planning, Forecasting. Please throw some light on it.

Thanks,

Kelly

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The nav attribute should work just as a characteristic in your case. Should be a quick test to try it out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kelly,

Effects on forecasting, propomition planning when we use Navigational Attribute instead of a characteristic:

We cannot assign a forecast profile to an Navigational attribute value. This means statistical forecasting can not happen at the level of NA .

We cannot perform lifecycle planning (like model/phase-in/phase-out) at attribute level

We cannot check for planning level (e.g. DET_LEVEL) using the attribute in a macro

When we do the disaggregation, a navigation attribute can never represen the lowest planning level. That means the actual disaggregation is related to all the Charactristics included in the selection but not on the NA which may be in the selection.

Why are then NA used in APO DP ?

We can easily realign data without using the DP realignment functionality ( this is quite useful)

The selection IDs dynamically change as the attribute assignments change ( this I found one of the biggest advantage)

We Can define background jobs using attributes as selection criteria ( not found that much useful).

I hope this gives you some insight ( if not completely).

Regards

Datta