cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM 7.1 Export Repository Schema Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I try to export Repository schema, I am getting the message u2018This repository requires additional steps before transport. See the MDS log for detailsu2019

Anyone know why this message is showing up?. Any other steps we have to do before exporting the repository schema?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

Please login to your Repository in Console and check the "Log" (it will be in the bottom).

This should tell you what is the issue.

As suggested by Ravi, Repair Repository might help too.

Thanks

Aamir

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lamp,

In addition to above replies. I would also like to add if you are using MDM 7.1 SP3 or higher you can have repository schema with .a2a file too. I mean Connect to Repository through Console>Right click on Repository>Archive Repository>when a pop up window comes with Archive MDM Repository>Click on Options button-->Another Pop-up window will come with Archive option, change the Radio button from Normal to Schema Only. So using Archive option too, you have option to have Archive with Schema only not data.

Note: I am not sure about MDM 7.1 SP1 and SP2, so if you are using among these two just check for this Schema option if it is there or not but if you are using MDM 7.1 SP3 or higher you can easily take Archive with Schema only no data. I am on MDM 7.1 SP3, Archive with Schema option is working at my end. If you don't want to use this option, it is always better to go with Verify->Repair on the repository and then try with Transport--> exporting repository schema.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

rajesh_chavan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi mandeep.

Will this remove Maps and validation also?? or only Data.

Cheers,

Rc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

It contains everything Structure/Maps/Expressions etc. I mean it does not remove Validation and Maps. It removes only data.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all. Problem resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It contains everything Structure/Maps/Expressions etc. I mean it does not remove Validation and Maps. It removes only data.

Hi ,

I have a doubt .If we export the schema then is this possible that all expression , validation and assignment also exported.

Mu doubt is we are also using the lookup values in assignement,validation then how this possible if we export schema than how that value validated as we are not doing export of data.

like in assignment expression i am assigning simple lookup table value in fields based on branch value. then how its possible

when i import this schema in new repository.

Please clear my doubts

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lamp

Please run a Verify->Repair on the repository and then try exporting the schema again.

In 7.1 if the repository schema is not consistent MDM promts this error message.

best regards

Ravi