cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search help on a read-only field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to put a search help on a read-only field, so that the user is forced to use the search help to fill up the field. But doing this way, the search help (I use a dictionary search help) doesn't return the picked value, since the field is read-only (it displays a warning saying that the field is non editable at the bottom of the popup)...

Do you have a solution ?

Thanks.

Edited by: Julien999 on Jun 8, 2010 4:45 PM

Edited by: Julien999 on Jun 8, 2010 4:45 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

standard search help/ovs disables the copy button when the input is in read-only state.

use freely-programmed search help to have this kind of feature

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm40/helpdata/en/5d/395e4254139041e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDABAP/Freelyprogrammedinput+help

Thanks

Abhi

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Depending on the support pack level you are on - search helps - freely programmed or otherwise don't seem to trigger off read only fields (I noticed this when we moved to NW7.01)

I've got around this by making the field a link to action - providing the read only link I want as the text, and then calling the following code:

call method cl_wdr_value_help_handler=>handle_application_def_vh
    exporting
      context_element      = context_element
      component_usage_name = 'JOB_SELECTION'
      context_attribute    = 'JOB'.

Where component 'JOB_SELECTION' is my freely programmed value help - implementing WD interface IWD_VALUE_HELP.

This was helpful as I wanted the search help to trigger and the user to be able to update the field but only by using the search help - I didn't want the user to be able to write anything in the field.

it was a particular use case I had - it may or may not fit your needs.

Cheers, Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Chris. That's what I did. I even found an other workaround that I will post a little later.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julien999,

could you please post the other workaround that helped to solve your requirement.

We have the same requirement and your solution may help us.

regards

PM

Answers (0)