cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

metalink access ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody !

I started yesterday an upgrade from 9.2 to 10.g and the readme file of the patch 10.0.2.0.4 asked me to check metalink note 553812.1 .

I don't have an Oracle's CSI, following note 758563 I tried to log on using one of the three users [deleted by Eric Brunelle]) and the password [deleted by Eric Brunelle] but the logon was invalid.

I tried several times from yesterday to this morning, then I sent an email to the three users and created a message on sapnet, but still no access and still no feedback from SAP.

How can I have a direct access to metalink (buying the cheapest licence available ? I need read-only acces...). By chance today I have other task to complete, otherwise I had lost 24 hours (for now...) of my time waiting for a note that maybe is not relevant to my installation/upgrade

How did you solve this problem ?

Thank you, kind regards

Nicola

Edited by: Eric Brunelle on Jun 8, 2010 2:14 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nicole

First of all . you should not provide the password information here.

I think somebody had tried with wrong password for all three users and then locked all 3 accounts. It could be intentional as well.

I would raise a SAP message directly about the problem for which you are searching metalink, and wait for SAP to reply. I think they have some additional access from where they can check oracle metalink if the need to.

Regards

Anindya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, thank you for the reply, I thought that this forum was opened only to registered SAP customers, for which the password is in note 758563

I wait for SAP feedback (gonna call them by phone before the end of the day), then, but having no access to metalink when we spend 20k u20AC a year only for oracle licenses is strange, don't you think ?

Kind regards,

Nicola

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Agree with you.

Just telling you some possibilities.

1. somebody used metalink 3 years back and had the old password with him. He did not check the marketpalce for new password and used the old one number of times. Then for absolutely no fault from our side that id will be locked.

2. Somebody intentionally did that ( less likely)

Hope SAP will reply to your problem soon.

Regards

Anindya

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello all,

A little information about this.

1.- The users last unlocked 2, maximum 3, days. Afterwards they are locked again (it is not possible to know if it is intentional or someone is stupid enough to lock them again and again and again)

2.- Passwrds will be reset from the next patch day once a month with new passwords. I know this may be an issue for some people, but SAP customers should not need to access "My Oracle Support" (old metalink) so frequently.

3.- If you need to access metalink to chek a note and the users do not work I suggest opening a message in SAP requesting the note to be provided to you or "replicated/explained/whatever" at SAP side.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Fidel,

I suppose it would be better in the future for SAP to open a user account (readonly) for customers that requests one, if it's something that Oracle allows to do...

I'm now in touch with an SAP consultant that has sent to me the note (and I'm asking him to send me a sql script mentioned into the metalink note), but it took 2 days and I don't have much time now to continue with this task

Thank you for the information

Kind Regards,

Nicola

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Ive been trying to login metalink using sap login information as per SAP Note 758563 - Oracle Metalink access for SAP customers, however every single user seems to be locked.. it has been two days now and no luck.. last week worked fine...According to this post new credentials will be supplied starting every month right?! Could you please let us know the estimated date for this to happen?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

You might be able to accelerate unlocking by completely reading SAP note 758563.

If you detect any user to not work with the password provided; please send an email to the email-address in question and we will changed it back.