cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verify scrambled HR data

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are an SAP basis outsourcing company so I have no HR experts on site to ask this question.

My question is that if I scrambled employees' salaries and addresses, I can check which table on the receiver to verify the data is truly scrambled?

Also on the sender side, how to view all temporary tables created during the TDMS transfer?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Basis guy and new to scrambling myself...

The table-field info is defined in the scrambling-groups you select/maintain in Tcode cnv_tdms_hcm_scram. Depending on the country template, Salary could be scrambled in table PA0008, PA0014, PA0015, etc; and Address is scrambled in PA0006, PA0106, PA0111, etc.

The temp tables on the sender side are not in a readable format.

Best regards,

Victor

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

gerard_white
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

the first observation I'd like to make is that the Scrambling in TDMS link which is provided is completely irrelevant here. TDMS for HCM uses a different scrambling base which is more flexible and which will become the standard TDMS scrambling basis in the next TDMS release (release 4.0).

The second thing is that although it often seems tempting to change salary information this is usually exactly the data that should not be changed. You mention address data and this is usually altered as are such obvious values such as a person's name, birthday, bank information, social security number and so on. Why though change the salary information? The answer may seem clear but if it's changed then what exactly are you transferring data between systems for?

Victor correctly mentions some tables but I think that if you are responsible for scrambling data then you should really know where to look in the sender and receiver systems in order to make a comparison.

You state that you have "no HR experts" . I don't want to sound too hard but I can't see how you can easily succeed without application knowledge. TDMS for HCM is an application that presupposes knowledge of the standard SAP HCM application. If you lack this then I suggest that you use consultants.

Regards, Gerard White.

suman_pr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In case you are new to Scrambling in TDMS, check out the wiki page.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/pages/commentstab/viewcomments.action?pageId=25460966

Regards,