SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BCS / Availability control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A user has asked me why a status of funds report based on the FMIFIIT table totals is showing a variance to the FMAVCR02 transaction when run for the same parameters. She wants to know what "Consumed amount" and "Consumable amount" in FMAVCR02 means and where the numbers are coming from, which I think is a fair question.

I found that FMAVCR02 is based on the FMAVCT table. The user is entering ZA as the ledger when running FMAVCR02, which is a custom ledger that has been made by my particular organization.

How can I find the user that created this custom ledger? What is the reason for creating an AVC ledger?

Also, how can I reconcile this discrepancy to the standard FM postings? I don't know where the detail to the FMAVCT table is coming from. I tried running ledger ZA in FMIFIIT and FMUSFGA but I get no detail.

What is AVC and BCS anyway? I just can't figure out why this extra junk is necessary.

Thanks,

Kevin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

First of all, it would be useful to read some material about FM and particularly about BCS and AVC. You can find it here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/a6/17f53b9f150248e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Answering your questions:

a) AVC is availability control check. It's actually the component which is responsible for the check of your budget (while BCS is a general module for budget management).

b) FMAVCT table, indeed, keeps all the data related to the budget control. The control is done on the level of ledger and budget address. There are standard AVC ledgers (like 9I and pH), but there could be also the ledgres defined by the user (consultant) in order to check budget on different levels.

c) If you think, that your AVC ledger is not correct, you can try running FMAVCREINIT transaction and thet could solve your issues. It's quite useless to try comparing FMIFIIT with FMAVCT as the calculation in FMAVCT is not simple summary, but based on the algorithm defined for the relevant ledger.

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

First of all, it would be useful to read some material about FM and particularly about BCS and AVC. You can find it here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/a6/17f53b9f150248e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Answering your questions:

a) AVC is availability control check. It's actually the component which is responsible for the check of your budget (while BCS is a general module for budget management).

b) FMAVCT table, indeed, keeps all the data related to the budget control. The control is done on the level of ledger and budget address. There are standard AVC ledgers (like 9I and pH), but there could be also the ledgres defined by the user (consultant) in order to check budget on different levels.

c) If you think, that your AVC ledger is not correct, you can try running FMAVCREINIT transaction and thet could solve your issues. It's quite useless to try comparing FMIFIIT with FMAVCT as the calculation in FMAVCT is not simple summary, but based on the algorithm defined for the relevant ledger.

Regards,

Eli