cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can you set SOAP receiver as sender?

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am running PI7.11 SP0.4.

Can i set a SOAP Receiver as a sender to give the impression of a Synchronous interface?

as sometimes there may be a response? or am i asking the impossible?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

requirements not possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Barry,

Can i set a SOAP Receiver as a sender to give the impression of a Synchronous interface?

as sometimes there may be a response? or am i asking the impossible?

Well, there is a way around. You can run a scheduler message from R3 system (you may use a proxy), which comes to PI and PI do a web service call using SOAP receiver channel. This way, you may even get a response back.

So, the design will be - R3 (async scheduler proxy) -> PI -> SOAP receiver (sync).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Neetesh

0 Kudos

Hi Barry,

Perhaps not, since the properties are different.

But it's simple to create the sender as SOAP and start again

Regards,

Caio Cagnani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please eloborate the requirement/scenario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure....

during the day, users will update the e-Recruitment portal on SAP.

overnight the job RCF_PERIODICAL_SERVICES will trigger any jobs and extract them and send them to SAP PI via SAP standard delivered PI Content.

SAP PI will route the message based upon the Recipient Party - Internal ID

Some messages are delivered after mapping to the respective target host and posted asynchronously.

and some will be posted to the respective target. that target will then have a a success or failiure message to pass back and that will trigger an email and send that email to a specific group of people on a circulation list.

SAP's delivered content is asynchronous and i have an occasion where there a sycnronous response.

i have tried to do a BPM but as the project dictates that each component is detailed within it's own SWCV and namespace, this is proving somewhat impossible. basically i have async -> sync -> async but i am limited by solution design on how to achieve this. has that explained things??

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> i have tried to do a BPM but as the project dictates that each component is detailed within it's own SWCV and namespace,

> this is proving somewhat impossible.

Create a new SWVC for the BPM and declare the related swvc as depending in SLD.

Create abstract interfaces based on standard message types.

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If at all your problem is that you are not able to use objects from other SWC in the BPM one, Stefan's suggestion must work. That is the only way of doing it.

VJ

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

guess its the impossible

maybe you can clarify more on the requirement?

If you are expecting a response from a WS, then create a synchronous service interface. One communication channel will take care of both request and response

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have been going round in circles here... trying to get a solution....

i have a service interface (async) in erecruit SWCV.

i have created service interface (async and sync) in my custom namespace

it is the operational mapping that messes up...

as the initial erecruit is async, i cannot use it in a sync process.... i cannot copy the contents of the async process into my namespace as that then loses the scalability and flexibility of using standard content (and against the project guidelines)

and you cannot have an async - > sync in OM...

Interface modi are different. Source interface Operation JobPositionPublication_Out | http://sap.com/xi/ERECRUIT/Global is asynchronous, target interface PostJob_SI_Sync | urn:JobBoard.PostJobs is synchronous

but then the response i get is going somewhere else...

it is a three stage/system i send a message to ws, get a response to send on elsewhere..

as the scenario crosses several different SWCV i cannot successfully use BPM for this and i have to stay within the project guidelines for development.... :o(

does that make sense??? any ideas?

so i was trying to to do async -> async -> async without bpm.....