cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error exporting to PDF from Crystal Reports 2008

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are getting following error while exporting Crystal report to the PDF and preview in IE:

Description: Failed to export to a pdf file -- Selected exporter does not support one of the features used in this report. MyReport {DCA37817-1414-45A7-8DF9-75503B8CD0FE}.rpt

This report having chart object as subreport, however export to Excel works fine and we could see chart fine in Excel. Any other reports without charts are exporting fine to the PDF format only this one having issue.

Report developed with Crystal Reports 2008/SP2, server we are running this report having CRRuntime_12_0.msm merge file installed successfully. We can't install 12_2 or 12_3 downloaded from your site because of errors we are getting while setup with these merge files somehow.

Server configuration: Windows 2008 RC2 64bit, .NET framework 3.5, project executing report compiled as x86 ASP.NET project.

Thanks for help!

Leonid Shprekher

Bessemer Trust

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Update:

I did install latest CRRuntime_12_3.msm on server causing issue and still same issue. Thanks for help!

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Lenny,

Please provide following the basic informationu2026.

1) Are you trying to export the report at runtime through the SDKu2019s, or you are viewing it and then exporting it through the viewer?

2) Which version of IE you are using?

3) Is the report exporting correctly through the designer on the development machine?

4) As you are using the IIS 7, did you switch to Classic mode of IIS?

5) Which version of Adobe reader are you using?

6) Try compiling the application using 32bit and Any CPU mode.

For more information on the Supported platforms of Crystal Reports 2008 SP2, use following link.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/boc/index?rid=/library/uuid/00225757-ab5c-2c10-c1a8-fb9f9f0f4ac2

Regards,

Bhushan.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To add to Bhushan's excellent questions.

In my opinion, the 1st question should be; can you export this report from the CR designer? If you can, try to export the report from a simple win app. If you use a saved data report, you only need one line of code;

crystalreportviewer1.reportsource = (<path to rpt>)

If that works, can you export the report from the web app if the report has saved data?

Ludek

Follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/SAPCRNetSup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Apparently issue has nothing to do with all in your questions. It is report fonts causing issue and as soon as I changed them to regular Arial font everything worked fine. However since we MUST use these fonts in reports we need to know what to do. Seem like Crystal Reports 2008 refusing exporting them to the PDF.

Fonts are:

Sabon

Trade Gothic LT Std

We need to know why it is not supported and if there is any document describing what else is not supported.

Thanks,

Leonid

Edited by: lenny_shp on Jun 18, 2010 4:36 PM

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually, the question boils down to; does the framework support the fonts?

I believe that my question re. this working in the designer was valid. The designer does not use the framework, so if it works there, it is either a framework issue or a runtime print engine issue.

I believe if you use the code below, it will list fonts available to the framework:

foreach(FontFamily ff in FontFamily.Families)

{

System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine(ff.Name);

}

For more information see kbase [1198306 - Crystal Report displaying incorrect font in Microsoft Visual Studio .NET|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/oss_notes_boj/sdn_oss_boj_dev/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/scn_bosap/notes%7B6163636573733d36393736354636443646363436353344333933393338323636393736354637333631373036453646373436353733354636453735364436323635373233443330333033303331333133393338333333303336%7D.do]

Ludek

ido_millet
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the font properties. Do you have embedding permissions? If not, get a version of the font that does allow embedding.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Both fonts we need to use are OpenType, does Crystal Reports 2008 supports OpenType fonts? I found questions from two years ago saying that not however what about now?

Edited by: lenny_shp on Jun 21, 2010 11:28 PM

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The question is not whether CR supports the font. The question is; does the framework support the font. E.g.; if this report works as expected from the designer, then CR supports the font. If it does not work at runtime using .NET, then chances are it is the framework. To confirm if this is the case, follow the steps as I listed in my previous post.

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know it is much easier to say Microsoft's fault, however we have another server where is same .NET framework and same application/Crystal setup is working fine with same fonts. Only difference between these two servers is Windows 2008 & Windows 2008 R2. R2 is the one having problems. I did ran code snippet and on both servers it doesn't list this names.

Edited by: lenny_shp on Jun 24, 2010 9:23 PM

ido_millet
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Compare the default printer (and default printer driver if the printers are the same) across the two machines.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Was not trying to deflect this to MS. If you read over the info I supplied, my question was more than valid. Since this works on one server and not another (which would have been nice to know from the start), then more that likely you are looking at permissions. E.g.; the worker process probably does not have permissions to use the font. You may be able to check that using the [Process Monitor|http://technet.microsoft.com/en-ca/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx] utility.

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would understand your permissions point if ANY font doesn't work. However as I said above changing report fonts to the True Types: Arial or Times New Roman works fine on same R2 server. Do you think it might need specific permissions for each font in Windows? And no printers on both servers installed.

Edited by: lenny_shp on Jun 24, 2010 10:53 PM

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Agreed, but not knowing how the system is configured I'd still go with Process Monitor, see what it comes up with. Remember, these are ideas only. If I knew, I'd give you the answer from the start. Maybe someone else has a better suggestion here?

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

We even tried advanced BlackBox software and didn't find anything usefull. Same configuration on both servers, just Windows version is different by R2 at the end.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This issue may be best to resolve over the phone. Phone cases can be created here:

http://store.businessobjects.com/store/bobjamer/DisplayProductByTypePage&parentCategoryID=&categoryI...

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, but this link/page giving me this error:

Error:

We are currently unable to perform the selected action. Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience. We have been notified and are already working to correct this issue as quickly as possible. Please click your browser's back button and try this action at a later time, or take a different action.

Error Number: SYS_000001

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmm. It's still giving the same error today. You can try this phone number: 866-681-3435

Ludek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lenny

What did you do to finally resolve this problem?

I am getting the same error using Frutiger fonts from both Crystal designer and when exporting to PDF from within SAP Business One.

Rob