cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during Managed System Configuration for PI 7.1 system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I get an error during the Managed System Configuration step for a PI 7.1 system for the QA and Prod systems.

I have completed each step in the managed system config without any problems except when I do the Configure Diagnostics step.

I have done the setup in this step but receive the error below when complete.

" Wilyhost Agent configuration finished without errors, but on Enterprise Manager (chsmpci.cbapps.int:6001) no Wilyhost Agent was detected from host cbppici. Please check the log file jvm_smdagent.out whether the Wilyhost Agent could connect to the Enterprise Manager. If the Enterprise Manager configuration has been changed recently please restart the SMD Agent on OS level.

Step Wilyhost Agent Details

Created destination PPI|cb102p29_PPI_11

Created destination SapHostAgent_cb102p29

Created destination SapStartSrv_cb102p29_PPI_11

Created action PPI - PPI AbapSystem

Created action PPI|cb102p29_PPI_11 - PPI|cb102p29_PPI_11 AbapInstance

Created action SAP OsCol - SapHostAgent_cb102p29

Created action PPI|cb102p29_PPI_11 - SapStartSrv_cb102p29_PPI_11

Created 4 action(s).

0 Wilyhost Agent(s) from host cbppici are connected to the EM.

Wilyhost Agent configuration finished without errors, but on Enterprise Manager (chsmpci.cbapps.int:6001) no Wilyhost Agent was detected from host cbppici. Please check the log file jvm_smdagent.out whether the Wilyhost Agent could connect to the Enterprise Manager. If the Enterprise Manager configuration has been changed recently please restart the SMD Agent on OS level. "

The latest version of the ISAgent has been istalled via SDM also.

Could you help me on this issue as it is holding the project up.

Thanks

Stephen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello sdingle9

Have you restarted the SMD Agent at the OS level and Enterprise Manager still doesn't see the Agent?

If not, please give this a try at the OS Level.

If you have done so, did it start sucessfully?

Can you see it in WorkCenter > RCA > Agent Administration?

Did you install the SMD Agent?

I hope this was helpful, however if not, please answer the above questions so more assistnace can be offered.

Thank you.

Regards,

Paul

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have restarted the agent at OS level and it appears in the Agent Admin page.

I then re-ran the Managed System Config for this system and receive the same error.

I have looked at the jvm_smdagent.out file on the wilyhost and found the following errors

1/11/10 05:37:02 AM CET [INFO] [IntroscopeAgent] Looking for agent profile property "introscope.agent.extensions.directory" to locate the extensions directory.

1/11/10 05:37:02 AM CET [INFO] [IntroscopeAgent] The agent extension property "introscope.agent.extensions.directory" is not set. No extensions will be loaded.

1/11/10 05:37:02 AM CET [INFO] [IntroscopeAgent] Introscope Agent startup complete.

1/19/10 12:34:08 PM CET [WARN] [IntroscopeAgent.IsengardServerConnectionManager] The Introscope Agent is sending data to the Introscope Enterprise Manager too slowly. Keeping the connection alive.

The agent on the solution manager box is version 7.0 and the version od the agent on the PI box is 7.11

Regards

Stephen