cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CJ20n Project Definition - Project Type selection Restriction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have Capital and Operational projects in the organisation. I have this scenario in my implementation where the PS guys want to restrict the creation of Project Definition only if the person is authorized to do so. Only those working for Capital projects should create the Proj Definition for Capital projects and Those on Operational for operational projects definition.

As I have analysed, SAP controls authorizations from next level. I mean, its allowing creation of PD for operational projects by Capital user but when he tries to assign some WBS or Network etc it doesnt allow. This is controlled by the Fundiing Source in C_PRPS_ART as far as I am aware.

I would like you guys to provide your suggestions on how can I control over the project definition it self using the authorization objects. I have looked in to options through C_PROJ_VNR etc but dont seem to catch the point exactly. Also are there any user exits or enhancements which can be used for this purpose.

Regards,

Junaid

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Remove duplicate posting. There's something wrong with this forum since yesterday,

Edited by: Martin Voros on Jun 8, 2010 11:50 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

PD is controlled by 3 objects C_PROJ_KOK, C_PROJ_PRC, C_PROJ_VNR.

Alternatively , you can try to restrict it by Cost Centre - C_PRPS_KST and Profit Centres - C_PRPS_PRC

regards,

Anil

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you should be able to perform custom authorization checks in BADI AUTHORITY_SPROJ or enhancement CNEX0002.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Martin, I will explore these options.