cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best OS , Database combination for SAP with IBM server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I hv IBM blend Center Server and i want to installed SAP ECC5 on server for Middle size company.

So please tell me the best combination of OS, Database for the same

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Better os Windows 2008 with Ms Sql 2008 db very easy to do the Administration and Maintenance

Regards

Sriram

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what kind of processor do you have?

you posted this in the SAP on Windows forum... so I would expect you to install on Windows 2003 server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The best combination is the one that suits the best this specific middle size company.

It is impossible to answer this question without knowing the internals of this specific company...

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can see supported OS and DB for your hardware platform by visiting the following link...

[http://service.sap.com/pam|http://service.sap.com/pam]

As per my personal experience,

AIX or HPUX with Oracle Database is more stable environment..

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> AIX or HPUX with Oracle Database is more stable environment..

If you have experience and knowledge about HP-UX and/or AIX and especially Oracle. A Windows shop using mainly MS SQL Server won't become happy with that combination if they have to learn everything from scratch.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fyi,

since march 2011, Oracle is not planning to support Oracle Version 12g on HPUX (note 1575609).

For IBM server, imho Win2k8-Ora or AIX-DB2

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your OS windows, MSSQL would be a good choice. Administration and Maintenance cost would be less.

If you OS is AIX, DB2 would be a good choice. In this case you can have database and OS support from IBM itself.

If you database is Oracle, there are certain restrictions on OS supported for it.

Hope above information is useful.

Regards,

Deepak Kori