cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.1 Ehp1 IDOC adapter message packaging - package options on sender side

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I am trying to use the new IDOC adapter PI7.1 Ehp1 functionality for packaging the IDOCs in single PI message, instead of using Collect pattern in BPM. I have configured IDOC sender comm. channel with Sender Agreement as well. So far, so good, but I am wondering if the packaging done on PI side should be the same as the packaging parameters on sender side...

What I mean? Do I have to set the Pack. Size (we20) to be the same as the one on PI, and do I have to use "Collect IDocs" as

Output mode (also found in we20) .. I guess "Yes".. Actually what I got also is that I have to schedule RSEOUT00 if I am using the option to Collect IDOCs, right ? Can execution of RSEOUT00 be "plugged" somehow to be executed after bd21(Creation of IDocs from change pointers) execution ..?

If you have any personal experience on this - please share it with me

Thanks & Best Regards,

Lalo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2010/01/22/idoc-packaging--sap-pi-71-ehp1-and-above

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2010/02/09/idoc-packaging--how-to-deal-with-reprocessing

these blogs should help you

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am wondering if the packaging done on PI side should be the same as the packaging parameters on sender side

Do not have to be same.

Think of this way: there are two containers carrying water: A for ECC and B for PI (specified in communication channel), you are defining the size of the containers.

If Size of A > B, then, One full A will need more than one B to handle, means multiple PI messages will be created.

if Size of A < B, One PI message is enough to handle incoming package.

For sure in partner profile of ECC, you will need to enable IDOC packaging and specify the size (container A).

Regards

Liang

Edited by: Liang Ji on Jun 8, 2010 3:30 PM