cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception: DBD, [Microsoft][ODBC Excel Driver] Syntax error in FROM clause.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I'm trying to create an universe linked to an Excel File.

I've created the ODBc connection and the DNS Data Source and inserted the table (table name RAC$) in the Universe. however, when I try to map each table field in the universe's Objects I'm getting this error message:

"Exception: DBD, [ODBC Excel Driver] Syntax error in FROM clause.State:37000".

I've tried to rename the table, inserting square brackects and also add new parameters to the universe («Transactional Available = "Yes"» and «Delimited Identifier = "Yes"») but still no solution to my problem.

Any advice, tip or trick?

Thank you. My best regards.

Inês Santos

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Circunflex, yes... It's ok, I'm used to it.

Thank you for your post!

Inê

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I found what mt problem was: when creating the universe I was defining the source as "generic > ODBC" instead of "Microsoft > Excel Spreadsheet". After changing this, the FROM clause was no longer an issue and the problem was solved.

Thank you for your time.

Inê

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ines,

Thanks for sharing how you resolved this! I will bookmark this so that I can find it when I will likely need it!

Bill

Sorry I don't know how to make the accent circumflex! Or is that what you call it? On top of the e?

Edited by: wavery on Jun 11, 2010 12:07 AM

Edited by: wavery on Jun 11, 2010 12:09 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ines,

I'm encountering the same error message. However, when i review my connection options the Microsoft 'Excel Spreadsheet' option is not available. I'm working with version XIR2 SP4. Any insight you could provide would be appreciated.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rachel,

I believe this has nothing to do with BO version.

You were creating your ODBC Data Source via Windows Control Panel? In the System DSN when you click "add" you should have Excel Driver Available. Then, when you go to universe designer, click "create a new universe" and when you choose "new connection" there should be the option "Microsoft - Excel Spreadsheet"....

Sorry I can't help you further.

My best regards,

Inê

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ines,

It may have a problem with the $ symbol. Is there a way you can manually remove that in the table name in the universe? Or possibly in the objects? I have not built a universe on Excel before, but I did read something about using named ranges and that may help.

Thanks