cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

configuring LDAP usert to IDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have installed following components on my Test System.

1. IDM Database & Schema,

2. MC

3. RT

4. UI

and finally

5. Virtual Directory Server (VDS) and configured my VDS to use ADS via LDAP, now my question here is,

How can I request access & roles to my test user which is available in ADS .

What is the configuration is still needed pending...

Thanks in advance.

Ahamed

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To request access as Self-Service your ADS-User must also be available in the IdM-UI and hence also available in the J2EE-UME.

So, in your test-environment, you could configure UME for LDAP/AD Authentication, create a Java/LDAP repository and login to IdM as AD-User.

You should definitley use the SAP Provisioning Framework and read the respective guides for that:

1. Identity Management for SAP System Landscapes: Architectural Overview

2. Identity Management for SAP System Landscapes: Configuration Guide

If you don't want self-service it's sufficient to read your ADS into IdM and change the "Person"-entries with e.g. your idmadmin-user

BR

Michael

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do the following configuration also.

1. Manage CUA from SAP NetWeaver Identity Management. This way you can introduce the benefits of SAP NetWeaver Identity Management without disrupting your current landscape.

2. Start connecting the ABAP systems to SAP NetWeaver Identity Management and disconnecting them from CUA.

3. When you have disconnected the last ABAP system from CUA, the CUA can be shut down and you have completed a successful migration.