cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Central Process Scheduling (CPS - Redwood) on OS/400

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are in the process of implementing CPS for our OS/400 systems. But we are helpless as there is not much info available on the same.

SAP says it does not support or ship Redwood agents for OS/400 and asking to contact Redwood. We tried to contact Redwood tech support team, but in vain.

Couple of things we would like to know if somebody has configured CPS on os/400 systems.

1. Is there any documentation available for OS/400 (Installation and configuration of CPS)

2. How to get the Redwood agents for OS/400 ?

3. Are there test agents available ? We mean where there is no cost involved so that we can showcase the product to client.

Hope somebody has done it

Thanks in advance.

Cheers...,

Raghu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Re-posted in CPS section.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP is right Redwood is yet not release for OS/400. We have used it on HP-unix platform. As far as test agents are concerned Redwood is a licensed product. So, I don't think so test agents will be available.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Thanks for thr reply.

This is the extract of a SAP Note on Redwood.

"Please be aware that the platform agents for OS/400 and z/390 are not part

of the SAP shipment. Please check with our partner Redwood if you need any

information regarding this platform agents."

They are asking us to contact Redwood for agents on os/400. So i think, Redwood should be able to provide the agents.

We also wrote to Redwood Tech support team. But no reply yet from them.

Cheers.....,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raghu,

We bought the the license from Redwood and according to them they do not have agent for OS/400. What we are doing is Redwood server makes call to the AS400 server over the ports

List of each port and their use is here:

[http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/i/software/toolbox/faqports.html]

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Naveed