Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

billing plan in contract

Former Member
0 Kudos

heii all,

i have these requirement.

Contract was made, let say $100,000. then in the beginning (after contract was created), down payment was made for that contract, $25,000. down payment was paid.

then i create sales order referenced to contract ($50,000) . when i create billing for that sales order, the invoice should be $ 50,000 - $ 25,000 (DP paid). all i want is the value in billing = $50,000 (value in SO) - $12,500 (DP/2) = $37,500

so Down payment paid is not directly reduce $ in one invoice, but in 2 invoice.

can we do that?

please ur advice..

thanks

best regard,

Hendry

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First and foremost, there should be relevant supporting doc for requesting Down payment from customer.

Anyways, based on current configuration, take a assistance of FI guy to clear you down payment against your said payment by using tcode F-30. Thereafter, the net due to your customer account will be the balance.

But, for future you can follow following either of the business process:

> Contract with Milestone Bill Plan (which include down payment as one of the mile stone) - Creation of Sales Doc/Billing doc based on Milestone in contract - Releasing of Billing Doc to

In above scenario, your each milestone will be supported by individual SD Docs

Billing plans can be maintained at header & item level

For configuration, you can follow following hyperlink:

[Billing Plan for Milestone Billing|http://www.saptechies.com/billing-plan-for-milestone-billing/]

OR

By relevant terms of payment some what you can achieve that (if you are not using bill plan functionality).

Where you Business process follow will be:

>Sales Contract > Sales Order (with desires payment terms) - Proforma Invoice (for asking down payment from customer)- Actual Invoice - Billing Doc - Release to Acc. (where, there will be split in net amount b'coz of payment)

For this take a help of FI consultant for payment terms based on your business requirment.

Or maintain the same in tcode OBB8 for customer account type.

say,

Z001 20% Immediate & 80% on confirmation (in payment terms section - tick Installment payment)

Z002 20% Immediate

Z003 80% on confirmation

In tcode OBB9.

maintain installment

Z001- Z002 80% Immediate

Z001- Z003 20% on confirmation

Hope it assist you.

Thanks & Regards

JP

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi hendry,

i know the billing plan only from the orders - not from a contract.

But probabely that also could work.

The starting of the billing plan is in the position type.

Look at the customizing of the position type an you will find the switch for billing plan to switch on -- or chose the right position-type. ( left side lets guess 4. or 5. row from the top )

hans