cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availablity check Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sap Gurus,

The basic configuration of both AV CHECK and TOR is done.

Material 'x' stock is 0, i am saving a sale order of material 'x' quantity 1.

System allows me to save the sale order, but not possible to deliver as per standard.

When i click the availablity check system confirms that the material is available and delivered on the same day.

My query is how system confirms today that the material is available?

If availablity check is active then it should not allow me to save the sale order? but it allows me to save the sale order.

The Reqt type is 011( delivery reqt)? then what is 031 order reqt and 041 order and delivery reqt.

Pls explain me the queries mentioned below.

Thanks

Sruthi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check transaction OVZ9 for the Chk Rule and Chk Grp you have maintianed and see what are the MRP elements system is considering. It may not be just stock, it could be looking for PR or some other inward movement stocks.

Check if there is any such document there.

Apart from this check if "check without RLT" is ticked.

Incase if this is not ticked check the material master.

you should make sure that you have entered a value in at least one of the following three fields in the material master:

GR (goods receipt) processing time (Purchasing view)

Planned delivery time (MRP I view)

GR processing time (MRP II view)

Otherwise, the system confirms every requirement, like its happening in your case.

Hope this will help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your valuable information gupta.

Problem solved

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You change or define requirements types which identify the different requirements, such as sales order requirements, delivery requirements or individual customer requirements. The requirements types can be changed, for example, in order to represent customer-specific terms.

Together with the item category and the MRP type of the material, an allocation to the individual transactions in sales and distribution is carried out by means of the requirements type. requirements type. Every requirements type is allocated to a requirements class with its corresponding control features.

While a requirements type is allocated to a single requirements class, a requirements class can be allocated to several requirements types. As a result, it is possible to control different transactions in a uniform manner with regard to their technical procedure.

And the requirement class specifies the following points:

- whether an availability check and a transfer of requirements is carried out for a transaction (for sales documents, fine tuning using the schedule line category is possible,

- whether the requirements are relevant for MRP,

- the allocation indicator from the sales view which controls the settlement of customer requirements with planned independent requirements

- whether an item is to be settled to an auxiliary account assignment,

The transfer of requirements is basically dependent upon the following factors:

- requirements type

- requirement class

- check group

- schedule line category

For controlling transfer of requirements, you have to carry out the following steps:

1. Each requirement type has to be allocated to one requirement class only.

2. The transfer of requirements must be switched on at requirements class level, the sales documents at schedule line level.

3. You must define a check group. It is possible to have this check group proposed for the initial creation of a material master record.

4. Note that a plant must exist for transfer of requirements to be carried out at document item level.

Hope it can be of assistance to you

Thanks & Regards

JP