Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Presently I have doubt in scheduling deleting

My client wants to delete the data less than 4 months

in the delete job i see the following column

Start date

Start time

Period in Days - (what is the days is this the retention period)

Period in Hours

Period in minutes

and I notice job for history entries what is that can any one explain

me

Thanks

Jayaraman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

/people/deepak.shah/blog/2010/04/22/archiving-deletion-of-messages-in-pi--part-4

more on archive and deletion in that blog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the reply but I don't need to delete the work item

I need to delete the message in the xi

I am following this blog

/people/deepak.shah/blog/2010/04/22/archiving-deletion-of-messages-in-pi--part-3

Thanks

Jayaraman

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you look at the complete series of that blog, you will find sections on archiving. Histories are associated with the same.

Ref: /people/deepak.shah/blog/2010/04/22/archiving-deletion-of-messages-in-pi--part-2

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

txs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the reply I already done the archiving job and it is archiving and deleting . since there are huge amount of message we don't want to archive all the message .we planned to delete all the message leaving last 4 months my question is how to delete all the message leaving only last 4 months .

Thanks for you kind help in advance

Thanks

Jayaraman

Edited by: Jayaraman P on Jun 9, 2010 9:24 AM

laszlo_lakatos
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Jayaraman,

if I correct understood your question you only want to delete messages sent during the last 4months, but you want to persist the older messages? This is not possible, because the deletejob performs a simple check: the timestamp of the messages is compared against the relevant retention period parameter, and if the message is older than specified by the retention period the mesage is marked for deletion. You cannot keep the older messages.

Regards,

Laszlo

laszlo_lakatos
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jayaraman,

the history entries (in table SXMSPHIST) are used in XI to be able to generate unique messageID (which is a prerequisite of QoS EO/EOIO) and so the history entry of a message is only deletable when the corresponding XI message has been already archived/deleted.

Deletion job for history entries: SAP_BC_XMB_HIST_DELETE_<client> (must be scheduled in addition to the 'normal'XI message deletion/archiving job).

Also refer to the first section of saphelp:

Archiving and Deleting

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm32/helpdata/en/0e/80553b4d53273de10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Regards,

Laszlo

0 Kudos

Hi

"Scheduling deleting" do u mean to say the archiving of moni messages??

So in case of 4 months you need to mention 120 days.

Thanks

Prasanna

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
and I notice job for history entries what is that can any one explain

Did you checked this: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/0e/80553b4d53273de10000000a114084/frameset.htm

From above help section:
History entries are spots for observing XML message processing.
History entries remain in the database for an unspecified length of time and must be deleted at some stage so that the database 
table does not overflow.

Regards,

Abhishek.