cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver File Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can a receiver file adapter be used with out sender. I mean is there any way to achieve it. I don't have a sender. Can I use " Availabilty Time Planning " to schedule the adapter to process on two days a week ?

Can I achieve it using any method ?

Ajith

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are able to hold the messages in IE of XI till the time the receiver channel becomes active then you can opt to implement ATP for receiver channel.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abishek

I didn't quite get that. How do we keep messages in IE till adapter is active ? Still if the adapter is active, since its t receiver end don't we need to trigger it ?

Again once the File adapter is configued in the CC, wouldn't it be active from that moment onwards /?

Correct me if I am wrong, File adapters and JDBC adapters would be active and start to poll the moment we configure it in IR.

@ Madhu

I don't have a sender here. It's a unique scenario. I only have to send a file with hard coded values to the receiver. ( I don't knowwhy they need XI for this but since its their requiirement nothing further to say )

Ajith

madhusudana_reddy2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajith,

You receiver channel will work, if your sender will send the messages. You can not use Availability time plan for receiver communication channel. If you are using IDoc to File or HTTP to File interfaces, where you will not have sender channel, proceed with another approach.

thanks,

madhu