cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error While defining the content server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Folks,

We are trying to define the content sever in our sever. It is required for integration of SAP with documentum. We are trying to define in below path.

Cross-Application Components - Document Management - General data - Settings for storage systems - Maintain storage system -

It already have DMS_C1 content repository with storage type R/3 database. We are creating a new content repository with storage type HTTP Content Server. We are giving below inputs.

Vesion No. 0045, HTTP Server - (My machine's FQDN and port is 8080), HTTP script as - sap/bc/contentsever/300.

After giving above inputs, if I click on test connection, I m getting error as Error in HTTP Access:IF_HTTP_CLIENT -> RECIEVE1 ICM_HTTP_CONNECTION_FAILED.

If I define the HTTP content sever as sap-qas.vsnl.co.in (i.e. My quality servers host name) it works fine i.e. connection test goes OK. Does any one know how we can define the content server and what all steps required for the same?

Thanks and Regards,

Kedar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kedar,

YOu have to provide the details as fallows

Storage type : HTTP content server

Version no. : 45 (based on the content server version)

HTTP server : <content server IP>

Port Number of content server : 1090 (default port)

HTTP Scrip : ContentServer/ContentServer.dll

Once after these details you can check

Also install the DBM gui in your local PC and add this content servers database (if the content server is on MAX DB) then you need to star it from the console or else use the command to start it once after the installation.

/sapdb/programs/bin/dbmcli -d <SID> -u control,plmcont db_state - to check the database status

/sapdb/programs/bin/dbmcli -d <SID> -u control,plmcont db_online - to start the database

Thanks,

Chaitanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chaitanya,

Thanks for your valuable inputs. This means we need to define the hostname of machine on which Content server is installed. Just giving random hostname, it won't work. I will surely check it out and follow the steps suggested and update you. Probably it will take some time as I need to arrange a machine where I can install Content Server.

Do you have any document on Configuring the content server in SAP or Integration of SAP with documentum?

Thanks and Regards,

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kedar,

Go to the path in marketplace

Download -> SAP Installation & upgrades -> Installations and Upgrade Guides -> SAP NetWeaver -> SAP NetWeaver 7.0 (2004s) -> Installation -> Installation - Content Server 6.40 on UNIX

Check this also for other info..

Thanks,

Chaitanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Chaitanya for all the inputs. I will surely update you what all steps I have followed once I am throught with this task. Right now I am in discussion with DMS team as well.

Best Regards,

Kedar