cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are using SOAP to RFC scenario and all the interfaces are working fine in Production system.

The webservice is called from java application, we have created a button in java application, when the user clicks on the button a FI Dcoument is posted in SAP.

Sometimes it happens, due to performance issue in Java application, The java application allows to click the POST Button multiple times.

I know it is java application issue, just wanted to know, whether this can be controlled in SAP XI side.

I mean if the message content is same, it should not proceed further

Regards

Madhan D

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhan,

>>I mean if the message content is same, it should not proceed further

It is always better to do this check in either front end or back end system. This way we are not overloading the integration layer with the extra burden of rechecking all the message content ( of a particular interface) passed through it.

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks suraj for response.

Yes i am aware that we can control this either by sending or receiving systems.

I wanted to know, whether it is technically possible to control in XI

Regards

Madhan D

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it is technically always possible

you will have to end up storing each request in a table and then when ever a new request comes, do a look up and check the similarity of data. after tht you can take sufficient measures to avoid further message processing.

But even though technically possible, this should not be done in this particular case

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madan,

>>I wanted to know, whether it is technically possible to control in XI

Well if you want to do in PI itself, then...

Is there a unique id field in you XML message sent from Java application, which can be used to identify the message uniquely? If yes then you need to store this id in a PI Abap tables. And then, for each message, do a RFC look up (customized one) on this table. If a value is found then the message was sent earlier to PI and you can raise an exception and fail the message in PI. And if the value is not found then update the table with the identifier value and pass it to the receiver application.

Regards

Suraj

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, you cannot do anything in PI.

Maybe the receiver application can check, if data are already posted?