cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inter related files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a scenario. It's also complicated.

I have three input files and a single output file.

First input file, I have to read two values, A and B.

From the second input file, I have to read few more values with respect to what I have read from first file.

Based on the value read from the second file, I have to read few other values from the third input file and map it with the target output file. The target output file has only values from the third input file.

So how do I proceed in this case ? Is there any option other than using BPM ?

Ajith

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

definitely a BPM to have all three files in one session.

Rest will be a N:1 mapping that you will have to perform

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Shabarish,

It's not an N:1 mapping. Only the third input file is to be mapped to the output file. But the way tht I arrive at the third file is checking with all the other two input files.

So ONLY BPM can be used to check values ?

Ajith

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to map only third file to receiver then what is the use of first and second files??

if you want to perform any file look up kind of that you can do it at mapping level using simple UDF,in this case you can avoind using BPM.

Regards,

Raj

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> HI Shabarish,

>

> It's not an N:1 mapping. Only the third input file is to be mapped to the output file. But the way tht I arrive at the third file is checking with all the other two input files.

>

> So ONLY BPM can be used to check values ?

>

> Ajith

yes. even though your third file will be mapped to the end target, you will still need to have these messages into a BPM.

There you will have enough control to proceed with your requirement.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

madhusudana_reddy2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajith,

Yours is not at all complicated requirement. Simply you bring all A, B, C files to BPM. In mapping you do the evaluation ( read A, then B, based on B data map C data to target)by using node functions. First develop one Message mapping which contains A, B,C messages at source and target message at target side. check the validation, if your mapping works, then proceed with end to end interface development.

thanks,

madhu