cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embargo screening of Business partners only

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Can you let me know how the legal regulation needs to be variably configured to screen just the country for the BP's.

Also, how can we maintain the SPL entities in this scenario

This is a special requirement which cannot be adhered with Embargo check as the same prevails at document level only.

We plan to screen the BP's against the embargo countries only.

Thanks

Jasmit Kohli

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to screen embargo with SPL ? Well then one solution I see is to create one entry per embargoed Country in a separate (manual) SPL List and onyl enter the country. But you would have to assign this to a special SPL Legal regulation in which the only check criteria you have is the country. But I am not quite sure why you can not make use of Embargo for that, cuz that would be much easyer.

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The requirement cannot be handled with the standard Embargo functionality as it is limited to screening documents only.

However, we have a feeder system which sends across customers only and we need to screen the same against embargo countries.

W.r.t the solution you proposed, can you share the configuration details of the legal regulation. I gave it a try and it does not seem to work correctly.

Thanks

Jasmit

Edited by: JASMIT KOHLI on Jun 9, 2010 9:01 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

In spro:

General Setings / Legal Regulation:

Create a new SPL Legal Regulation by copying an existing one. Make sure it activates at departing counrty level, otherwise it does not work.

In Compliance Management / "Sanctioned Party ListScreening" Service

Activate the legal regulation

In the Contol Setings for "sanctioned Party List Screening" Service -> Under List Types, assign a new List Type to your legal Regulation (F.ex EMB -> Embargoed countries)

Then go to the GTS Menu

In the Cockpit for SPL go to Master Data Tab

Go to Sanctioned Party List -> Edit Sanctioned Party List and choose Create.

Enter your Legal Regulation and List Type and enter.

Here you create your entreis (you have to give an entry number manually)

In the name, provide something we will later exclude in the General setings and in the Adress just enter the Country. Presss the copy name Data and Copy adress Data and save your Entry.

Exclude the name entry by puting it into the Excluded texts in the General setings (same tab).

That should do it.

Cheers,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did attempt this some time back..

The system does not block the partner in case there is no match available for the name field.

Is there any other option to ensure that just the country value is checked .

NAME OR COUNTRY in the screening logic also does not work

Looking forward for your kind expertise .

Thanks

Jasmit