cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

enserver.exe missing? reason for print problems?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear forum,

All of a sudden I have a problem printing to "C" direct operating system call from our HR production system. I can, however, print if i use "F" printing on frontend computer. I have tried everything, I cant print i get this message

SAP spool error log
      =====================

Print request processing log

The host spool is reporting errors

Windows/NT error 1722 [\\xxxxxxxx\prngrndfloor]: "The RPC server is unavailable."

Errors occurred processing this print request

Error during print request output. l_rc = 1
There may be no printout

and

Job status:          Completed
Area:                Data transfer
Error:               Windows/NT error
Last event:
Date:                08.06.2010
Time:                08:22:20
Error class:         Information
Area:                SAP Spool
Printout:            Not printed

I noticed in the eventviewer that enserver.exe is blocked by windows filtering platform, could this be the reason? I guess enserver.exe is getting blocked due to new policies or whatever, forced upon the server. Isnt enserver.exe supposed to run? (enqueue server?) its the central instance running ECC 6.0 ehp4 on windows 2008 server with mssql 2008.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

-Soren

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I noticed in the eventviewer that enserver.exe is blocked by windows filtering platform

What 'filtering platform"? If you have activated the local firewall you need to enable the ports for the SAP system.

Markus

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear forum,

I found the problem, and I just wanted to share it with you. Somehow an "old" policy update was suddenly forced on the SAP Server from the AD, which killed the Print Spooler service on the server(disabled). The same policy update blocked access to enserver.exe. Now the guys at server administration are trying to figure out how that happened.

Markus: Thanks for your answer, and you are of course right, ports need to be open. The windows filtering platform can be local firewall, IPSEC etc. I just didnt know (noone knew) that a odd policy was suddenly enabled on the server killing the print spooler and blocking enserver.exe.

Thanks!

Kind regards,

Soren

Edited by: Soeren Friis Pedersen on Jun 8, 2010 1:53 PM