Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rejecting subcontracting assembly to 2 or more child part vendors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

I have a problem in our quality management system of our client

Iu2019m trying to reject a subcontracting assembly (C) made from two child parts A & B

Both child parts A & B are faulty parts and since the child part vendors are certified both the parts have been in-warded to plant and are sent to subcontracting vendor.

Assembly C is made from both the parts A&B which is also in-warded in to plant.

Now I am trying to reject the part C through line rejection/ secondary rejection (QM01) but in my quality management system I can only post assembly part to only one child part.

i.e, sending the assembly part to block stock  posting the assembly stock to one child part  rejecting the child part to child part vendor.

So my question is how should I reject the assembly on both child parts and reject both the child part to their respective vendors.

Regards

NVB

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In such scenarios what I understood is When can not actually reject the Child item in assembly independently ....you have to reject the whole assembly.

When you reject the assembly assembly goes by 122 mvt & child items by 542 mvt.Stock at vendor increase for child item.

Now its very much company specific process when it comes to rejection from vendor side.

you have to take help of MM guys for designing such process as Excise comes into picture.

I hope this will add some value