cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price depends on variable dimensions of a product.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm facing a problem. I need to create price condition record for a product but this price will change according to different sizes of dimensions of product (such as length, wide, high, thick of tole...). When each kind of these dimensions changes, price will change accordingly.

for examble: if L x W x H is 1000x200x250 --> price will be $100

if L x W x H is 1000x250x250 --> price will be $150

Any help will be apprecimated.

Thank you in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My case is that:

- A material code has 4 different characteristics: Length; Width; High and think of tole.

- In each order, sizes of each kind of those dimensions will vary so price of this product will be change accordingly.

If I apply variant configuration to deal with my issue, I have to create 4 characteristics (data type: numeric format). And In order to determine price automatically in SO, I have to set up many variant key for each combination of 4 sizes of those dimension. Is it possible to do it because quantity of above combination is unlimited?

Is my understanding right? And is there any suggestion for my issue?

Thank you very much for your help!

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can achieve this by Variant pricing.

For that, first create characteristic by using tcode CT04.

Assign them in Classes by using tcode CL02.

[Variant Configuration in SD|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPLO/SDVariantConfiguration]

In addition to that, for your I Cat, Weight & Volume should be active and maintain Volume details in Material Master Additional Details.

For understanding follow following threads:

Thanks & Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please have a check on:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPLO/SDVariantConfiguration

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

to map ur functionality in sap you need to use variant configuration functionality

Here are the Steps for Variant Configuration

here is an example of motorcycle and u can probably match it with ur requirement

1.Create a Material of your Motor Cycle using Material type KMAT(MM01).

2.Then create a characteristic called ZColour(SAP has a standard Characteristic for this but it has multiple values-i.e you can select more than one colour for your Bike.If you do not want that create your own)with character format and assign single value radio button on the initial screen.Go to values Tab and give the colours you need.save the characteristic.Similarly repeat for CC(I figure this CC as 100cc & 200cc kind of thing.If you want these as materials then it is a different story-I am taking this as feature as well)

3.Create a class called Zbike with the above 2 characteristics.save the class

4.Create a configuration profile Zbikeprof using Cu41 and assign the Kmat material to Class Zbike,

5.Then create the order and Enter the Kmat material you want in the Order.

Pricing in variant Configuration is done at the Header level only.The logic is that you create pricing variant keys for each characteristic Value.This will be done at the Header level using cond type VA00.based on the characteristic chosen the appropriate price according to the pricing variant key will be picked up.

hope it helps

test n revert

Mohit Singh

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Its better you go through the Variant Configuration of Material. This will suits Best in the kind of Scenario you are working.

[]

[]

[]

Check the above link for Variant Configuration. You may search for more in Forum.

Regards

Amitesh Anand