Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data in tables AGR_1251, UST12 and USR12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I know that table AGR_1251 contains authorization data for SAP Roles. USR tables contain authorization definitions for access and UST tables contain data for SUIM reporting. The USR and UST tables that concern me are USR12 and UST12.

I have a couple of questions about these tables (AGR_1251, UST12 and USR12):

1) it seemed that these three tables were kept in sync when I created new roles and generated profiles for those roles. But when I checked other roles that were already there when the system was installed, the data for those role are not in sync. Is there a way to bring data for those role in sync for these three tables?

2) In table AGR_1251, when the value for the "LOW" field starts with "$", it indicates a variable and the actual value for that field needs to be found in table AGR_1252. When I checked the same field in table UST12, it seemed that the value were already resolved. Could I depend on this?

Thanks in advance

GG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee

Hi,

> 1) it seemed that these three tables were kept in sync when I created new roles and generated profiles for those roles. But when I checked other roles that were already there when the system was installed, the data for those role are not in sync. Is there a way to bring data for those role in sync for these three tables?

--> regenerate the profile shall do. If usr12 and ust12 are not in synch, run FM susr_synch_user_tables with option TABLETYPE=X

> 2) In table AGR_1251, when the value for the "LOW" field starts with "$", it indicates a variable and the actual value for that field needs to be found in table AGR_1252. When I checked the same field in table UST12, it seemed that the value were already resolved. Could I depend on this?

USR/UST12 are populated upon generating the profile! So the agr_12-data is put into usr/ust* tables then.

b.rgds, Bernhard

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. The data for those roles are not sync means- obviously roles were not generated. until unless u generate the roles you will not get the data from these tables. Newly installed system will have SAP defined roles (Copy them to your nameing standards & generate).

2. you can depend on this but not sure since AGR_1252 gives you information on org levels.

Thanks,

Sri

0 Kudos

Thanks Sri for your reply.

Regarding my first question, did you mean I will have to generate the profiles for the SAP defined roles before data in these three tables are in sync?

I tried this and I still saw differences between data in AGR_1251 and UST12 for SAP defined roles.

Regards,

GG

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee

Hi,

> 1) it seemed that these three tables were kept in sync when I created new roles and generated profiles for those roles. But when I checked other roles that were already there when the system was installed, the data for those role are not in sync. Is there a way to bring data for those role in sync for these three tables?

--> regenerate the profile shall do. If usr12 and ust12 are not in synch, run FM susr_synch_user_tables with option TABLETYPE=X

> 2) In table AGR_1251, when the value for the "LOW" field starts with "$", it indicates a variable and the actual value for that field needs to be found in table AGR_1252. When I checked the same field in table UST12, it seemed that the value were already resolved. Could I depend on this?

USR/UST12 are populated upon generating the profile! So the agr_12-data is put into usr/ust* tables then.

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Thank you very much Bernhard. You really answered my questions.

GG