cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO in held status with price zero

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Here is an interesting challenge and perhaps a learning curve for us , as in my project we are facing a strange issue with Automatic PO creation from SC !

The SC is created by choosing an item having product category , vendor , price and contract combination from MDM catalog and is fully approved. On approval the Automatic PO is created without going to Sourcing cockpit. (with the Sourcing setting).

But surprisingly the PO is with ZERO value and goes in held status !! On clicking the Check button , following is the error message which crops up :

Enter the price or set the 'Invoice Expected' indicator (Item 1)

The invoice expected indicator is already set as observed in the Item data -> Follow-on-documents tab of PO.

This behavior is happening only for the new company code configured with new currency both in R/3 and SRM system, however all other company codes are currently working fine with Automatic PO process. So what exactly is missing for this company code ?

And interestingly if the SC(without MDM) -> Sourcing cockpit -> PO process is carried out the PO is in Ordered status without any errors !

We are in ECC 6.0, SRM 5.0 and MDM Catalogue 5.5 environment.

Kindly give your suggestions , if any further questions please revert back.

Thanks and Regards,

Vikas Mehta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1 )Please check for the P.O created from SC with MDM catalgog. The price will be zero in the catlaogue itself.

check the company code for the creator in PPOSA_BBP --attributes the company code is assigned (or) not

2) For the SC created without MDM is free text .you have created using"Describe requriement" ..It will go to the sourcing

cockpit because for this SC there is no souce and source has to be assigned . For this config settings to be done. This is

STD SRM functionality

Regards

G.Ganesh Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

Thanks for replying.

Please find my comments for the tips given by you :

1) The price in catalogue is defined and it gets picked up by the SC correctly. The creator has the attribute company code given out there. If i am not wrong, you are pointing to the creator of SC , please correct if i am wrong.

2) We are creating the SC from MDM with Product category description and we are not creating SC from 'Describe Requirement" link rather we are creating from MDM catalogue link.

Please let us know your comments or further inputs to corner the issue !

Best Regards,

Vikas Mehta.

former_member324993
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

maybe,you didn't configure about sourcing .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Are you referring to some specific sourcing setting which we need to do ?

Already the sourcing configuration has been done for "Sourcing carried out for Items without assigned source of supply" in SPRO->Supplier Relationship Management ->SRM Server->Sourcing->Define Source for Product Categories.

Please let me know if my configuration is okay or something missing still !

Best Regards,

Vikas Mehta.