Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic usage decision?

sandip_chatterjee
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Can any one guide me to config automatic usage decision?

Our client want that when the results are keyed in in QE51N against any inspection lot and if the values are within the limit system should do the automatic usage decision. They want to do the extra step for QA11.

Please help to configure this.

Regards

Sandip

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sandip,

You can achieve this easily.

1. Go to QA17

2. Create variant

3. Specify inspection type, usage decision appropriately while creating variant.

4. Schedule the job periodically.

Prerequisites,

1. All characteristics should have results recorded

2. No defects are recorded and no quality notification exists against inspection lot.

Configuration:

1. Go to SPRO-QM-Quality Inspection-Inspection lot completion-Plan automatic decision- Select plant and click on detail view. Here you can change waiting time. This much of time duration must be passed after lot creation. E.g. if there 25 hours is mentioned and inspection lot is created at 0930 hours then 25 hours must be passed for auto UD. You can change this also.

2. You can have better control if you apply auto stock posting to unrestricted use for this UD code in QS51

Best Regards,

Anand Rao

sandip_chatterjee
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Can you please explain step by step for these settings?

Actually i checked in the SPRO, waiting time givenn there 25 hrs. So if would like to do a auto UD then i have to reduce this time.Is it right?

Need help to configure this.

Regards

Sandip

sandip_chatterjee
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

i have checked that this Auto UD is working fine for 04 inspection type but can tell me how can handle 03 and 13 inspections types for auto UD?

Regards

Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you tried auto UD for 03 and 13 inspection types? What problem are you facing? Try using QA40, use option "order confirmed " and execute.

sandip_chatterjee
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Swarnali,

Auto UD is happening for 03 now but not for 13.Because in REM we are working against planned order and 13 inspection type is depend on production version.

Can you please help to handle auto UD of 13 lots?

Regards

Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont think SAP has provided any standard functionality for automatic UD for inspection lot origin:13. The tarnsactions mentioned in the other threads - QA10, QA40 wont work for lot origin 13.

How frequently you create an inspection lot for Rep. products? Is it a big volume the business users can not do a manual UD through QA11? In general, the repetitive inspection lots tied to the production version and you will get the same warning message when you make a UD for 13 inspection lot about the validity of the production version.It means the inspection lot can be kept open as long as there is no change in the production version.

If the volume of your 13 inspection lots is more, copy the program which runs behind qa40 - make necessary changes in the program not to look for the order information and customize it exclusively for 13 orgin inspection lots.

Thanks,

Ram

former_member494495
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Auto UD is not allowed for 03,13, 14 inspection types in std SAP

Regards,

Alagesan M

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

yes you can do so. At the basic setting @ plant level, put the time after which auto UD will be performed. But there ae few prerequisite before auto UD performs. For those, pls go through the link.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/18/43899d449011d189420000e829fbbd/frameset.htm]

Also explore QA19

In case of clarification, pls revert back.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not very sure why you are not following the std functionality but you can use the

QEEM0003 = User exit: add. functions after valuating insp. characs --> in this user exit you can call the standard stock posting screen build the logic with the abaper.