cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding WD ABAP Tutorial for Adobe forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm having difficulty finishing tutorial for WD ABAP interactive forms by Thomas Jung..Questions:

1) Do we have to create an WD application to run it or do we have to test it using the pdf file? in the SDN video its not clear what to do after completing the exercise with form editor?

2) In the Adobe form editor from SE80, my file menu is blank...i cant use 'import'pdf from menu since there is no menu although I can drag n drop the elements from libraries.

Please let me know if I'm missing any installation or support packs!

Regards,

Ahmad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

1. The tutorial focuses on the interactive form integration in Web Dynpro ABAP. You have context mappings between WDA and the form - so you must test within the Web Dynpro Application.

2. Check that you have the correct version of the Adobe Lifecycle designer installed (7.0 - check OSS for patch levels and where to download from). It sounds like something is incorrect in your frontend installation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas.

1) I did tried within the WD Application but its not doing anything at all, although all my WD applicaitons are working fine.

2) I will check oss for patch levels.

Thanks for your help. I will get back to you soon.

Regards,

Ahmad

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

If you aren't seeing anything at all then there may be a problem with your ACF (Active Control Framework). The ACF is only used when running the adobe form in web dynpro in interactive mode. The ACF is generally installed along with the SAPGui, but may not be updated properly when the SAPGui is updated. Also there are some dependencies in the ACF version and the backend ABAP system version.

I had problems on my laptop when I first tried to use interactive forms in Web Dynpro ABAP. My form displayed, but I couldn't trigger the Submit to SAP event. I found several OSS notes on the ACF topic. I had to uninstall my current ACF version and install the version specific to Netweaver04S SP7. Just installing the SP7 version of the ACF did NOT work. Once I got the ACF all cleaned up, everything worked fine. Incidently the problems I had before patching the ACF effected both Web Dynpro ABAP and Web Dynpro Java.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks alot Thomas for all the help.

After uninstalling and re-installing my gui, Adobe lifecycle designer 7 and NWDS, i was successful to enough to see menu in my form designer . but still my WDA application is blank. I have tried installing ACF from GUI DVD_NW_2004s_SR1_Presentation\PRES1 and have also tried from note '766191' xACF_NW04s_SP8. but stil no luck! any suggestions? We are using ECC 6.0 sp07.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

The Web Dynpro output is completly blank? Do you have any standard UI elements on the screen as well? Do they show up? If not, don't forget to map you default view into the window, otherwise only the empty view is shown. If that is not the case, try turning off interactive mode and see if you can just display the PDF. That would eliminate the use of ACF from the picture.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

Just few mins before i got your msg, I also did check the mapping of view into the window and it was me being stupid for embedding it!. I have got answers to my questions. I will put my other questions in a new thread.

Thanks alot .

Regards,

Ahmad

Answers (0)