cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW tablespace reorged to wrong dataclass

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have carried out an online reorg of a BW tablespace using brtools/brspace without taking into account TABART and all tables have been reorged into a USER dataclass.

My question is how can I return the tables to their original data class. We are on Linux system,SAP NetWeaver 2004s and oracle 10.2.0.4.0 and brtools version release

note 849483

kernel release 700

patch date 2009-07-02

patch level 42

make platform linuxx86_64

Thanks Trevor

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

thanks for the reply. Yes you are correct in that the tablespace was reorged in a new tablespace which generated a new user data class. However the tablespace contained tables in all the standard data classes. I am due to do a further reorg of the tablespace and want to reassign tables back to their data classes. Is there a way to do this using brtools ? Or is there some other way?

thanks

Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you reorg all tables from tablespace A to B, you only have to modify the tablespace name in taora/tsora and iaora.

When you want to distribute your tables over different tablespaces, you should change the data class for each table so it is pointing to the correct new tablespace via the link in previous mentioned tables.

Also check note 46272 - Implement new data class in technical settings

Hope this clarifies your question.

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you reorganized these tables to a newly created tablespace? If so, add this tablespace to table tsora, taora and iaora and assing the correct data class to it.

Kind regards,

Mark