cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSCC Generation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am implementing HUM with SSCC generation during shipping.

I am maintaining the following settings:

SU number range : 00000000400000000000 - 00000000999999999999 (12 Digits)

HU Number Range : 00000000400000000000 - 00000000999999999999 (12 Digits)

Here when I look at the status of Number range SU number is still at Zero where has HU number range is moving along. I believe since HU management is active the HU's are being generated and stored as SU's in the warehouse, so the HU number range is used utilized.

Now I have also done the Config for SSCC generation and the Object I created has 9 numerics

000700000-000799999 since I have 16 Characters to work with i.e. 7 for ILN number and 9 for Serial number to form a SSCC leaving out the Extension digit i.e. pallet, carton and the Check digit(Which is calcuated using an Algorithm).

The question I have is once I convert the HU's into SSCC's during the final step of my of Delivery before PGI. The SSCC are being generated and Printed, but when I look up the SU's the SU is being saved with the last 12 digits(This has the config set in Conversion of storage unit numbers, I set the length of SU as 12, this was something done in the past). But when I click on it it says no SU does not exist.

Is this because my SU number is 12 characters and mu SSCC number is 18 Characters. the only problem I have is returns, how do I take the SSCC back into inventory that was retuned.

What if I had my SU number to be 18 or 20 Charactes. Would I get this error then? ?

Thanks in advance...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if the storage location is full-WM and HU-managed, the storage unit management is always active and HU numbers are taken over as SU numbers. In all other cases HUM and SUM are independent from each other and number ranges must be set a way that they are not overlapping.

Do you use a handling unit managed storage location? (You can check this in table T001L, when xhupf is X, the sloc is handling unit managed).

Regards,

Ely

Edited by: Eleonora Juhasz on Aug 30, 2010 1:44 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eleonora,

That does not answer my question. I know that my Warehouse is Full HU/ Su managed and HU number range is adopted as SU number range. My question is regarding number ranges.

Thank You,