Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I allow SAP Portal to trust Tivoli TDS 6.1?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a Tivoli directory server and have been able to use the IBM datasource file to have the UME read accounts. When I log into the useradmin of the portal, I can search that directory and find the users.

I know that if I do this for an MS Active Directory, I could then log in with my AD/Windows username/password and SAP will trust it with no further effort. This allows the end users to only have to manage their passwords via their windows desktop and never have to deal with passwords in the portal.

But with Tivoli, it is not allowing that. I could give my LDAP account write access to the Tivoli Directory, but we really want to just authenticate against Tivoli, using the password that's in Tivoli - just as we do for AD user stores.

1 REPLY 1

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

it looks like you need to perform additional config. Have a look at notes 1352688 and 1015699. Both notes contains attachement with the config files. Unrtounately, I don't see config for version 6.1.

Cheers