cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preferred technology to call RFC/IDOC in CE 7.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

we have an older java application running von NetWeaver 2004s. This application should now be migrated to a SAP CE 7.2 server.

Our (old) application currently uses Java Connector 2.x to call an RFC module on an ABAP system.

Has anybody experience about using JCo 3.x on a CE 7.2 system? Has the JCo to be deployed with the java package or is it already included in the CE 7.2 installation?

We also think about migrating to the SAP JRA to connect to the ABAP system. What is the preferred way to call a ABAP system from CE 7.2?

Best regards,

Markus

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For standard JEE application SAP JRA seems to be the preferred technology

i827647
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Markus,

Look the blog of Jochen Guertler, on link below. He describe How to migrate your Web Dynpro for Java applications from SAP NetWeaver 7.0x release to newer releases.

/people/jochen.guertler/blog/2010/06/09/how-to-migrate-your-web-dynpro-for-java-applications-from-sap-netweaver-70x-release-to-newer-releases

Regards,

Edson Thomaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, maybe I should have said that our application is a normal J2EE application an not web dynpro application.

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You have to migrate existing to 3.x , following doc will help you in this .

[Migration from 2.x to 3.x getField() issue SAP JCo |;

[JCo server programming, properties and connection settings |;

In webdynpro these stuff are more configurable, and maintained in J2ee server itself.

Best Regards

Satish Kumar

i827647
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos